Codes to decipher?

When some of those evil Puzzle cache setters use some weird code to encipher the coordinates, you may just find this program to be very useful. It's opensource and free by the way, so well worth a try...

CrypTool 2

Oh, it seems to website you linked to is all in foreign.

Did try to translate "a visual programming control provides visualisation and workflow controls to enable intuitive manipulation and interaction of the cryptographic primitives" but even Google just shrugged its shoulders.

:laughing:

I'll tuck it away in a corner of my hard drive for a rainy puzzle day. Cheers

When some of those evil Puzzle cache setters use some weird code to encipher the coordinates, you may just find this program to be very useful. It's opensource and free by the way, so well worth a try...

CrypTool 2

Oh, it seems to website you linked to is all in foreign.

Did try to translate "a visual programming control provides visualisation and workflow controls to enable intuitive manipulation and interaction of the cryptographic primitives" but even Google just shrugged its shoulders.

:laughing:

I'll tuck it away in a corner of my hard drive for a rainy puzzle day. Cheers

When you install it you can choose English as the language. It looks a useful tool to have - thanks Birdman-of-liskatraz.

On a very wet and windy Sunday morning in the UK the post from 'KinkyD' brought back memories of two warm and sunny holidays in Ibiza.

It entailed a double visit to GC3TM1N , decoded at home then when the padlocked cache was in our hand there was even more of the above to decode.

Oh! yes it had been placed by a German Cacher (whom we met as he had a nearby business) and they do love their puzzles.

My wife laboriously wrote down the second part of the clue. A you can imagine one miss-pelt letter would be disaster.

However we failed to decode part two which was done in the same code. We had to wait until we were home and in further contact with the owner, he gave the hint that although we had decoded the second part correctly (it just looked like 'gobble-degook') it was actually now in an offset code (we were on holiday 'give us a break').

However another lovely holiday ensued and another smiley face appeared.

Cheers to 'KinkyD' for bringing back the memories and from his post in showing us via Google Earth a park in the south.