DNF or Destroyed?

Harry Dolphin

If you very carefully checked the to-reach, then Destroyed for GC and DNF for NGS. There isn't enough evidence presented to prove destroyed. It almost seems like the chunk with the disk should still be around.

Bannister replaced = Destroyed for GC and DNF for NGS unless you get special satisfaction from going through the process of having them marked Destroyed, which you probably could do with the pictures.

If you are absolutely certain that's the wingwall in question, then Destroyed for GC and DNF for NGS. But the thing that bothers me is that I cannot see a flat enough spot on the other wingwall to mount a disk horizontally, or why the crumbled one would have had a better mounting place.

I am suspicious about the location of the disk on the bridge wingwall. The BRIDGE photo with the 2003 log is aimed

at the road side of the railing

58017_100.jpg

and the DISK photo appears to have asphalt pavement adjacent to it.

58017_200.jpg

KV1540 Would not be the first time that a bridge abutment headwall was wrongly described.

Don't think that it applies to this PADOT disk, but I have recovered CGS marks that were set flat in a recessed hole in a sloping wingwall.

kayakbird

LOOKING NW FROM SE END OF BOZEMAN MONT RR YARDS

85eaab57-1ed4-4a1c-ad79-ef3ff47093a6.jpg

I agree with Bill on all three.

The last one does present a bit of a quandary, though.

In the 2003 photo of the railing, I'm not sure I see a disk anywhere. :unsure:

There does seem to be something just to the right of the near end pillar, which sorta/kinda looks like it could be the disk. The concrete around the disk close-up from 2003 certainly looks to be in bad shape.

I have seen bridges with asymmetrical wingwalls. Sometimes it even looks as if they were built that way intentionally, to accommodate a benchmark disk.