Full logs in Pocket Query Generator

Bear_Left

I'm fairly sure this has been raised before, but once more into the breach...

I'd like to generate a query with all of the logs on it. (Basically, the same as adding "&log=y" to the cachepage URL.)

I guess this should be an option, to keep the size down for the memory-conscious.

There are datascraping programs that'll probably do this, but I'd rather do it in a server-friendly way, using a service I've paid for.

Doesn't sound hard?

[This message was edited by Bear_Left on June 30, 2003 at 06:24 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Bear_Left:

I'd like to generate a query with all of the logs on it. (Basically, the same as adding "&log=y" to the cachepage URL.)

I guess this should be an option, to keep the size down for the memory-conscious.

Yeah, I can't stand it when I'm out in the middle of a field looking for a cache that everyone has a hard time finding and the last logger credited his discovery to the person who gave an awesome hint/spoiler in their logs that has just fallen off the screen onto the full log list and I CAN'T READ IT ANYMORE!!

I like reading all the logs too but c'mon, are you really going to read 129 logs in the field on your Palm device? I think the problem with including all the logs is that some caches have well over 100 logs, even more if it's a locationless. I can see that really slowing down the servers to a crawl.

I have a comprimise. How about being able to select the last 5, 10, or 25 logs as a checkbox on the Pocket Query page?

What do you think Jeremy?

quote:
Originally posted by Team GeoDillo:

I like reading all the logs too but c'mon, are you really going to read 129 logs in the field on your Palm device?

Sometimes, yes! Why not? I read novels on it...

quote:
I have a comprimise. How about being able to select the last 5, 10, or 25 logs as a checkbox on the Pocket Query page?

Fair enough, but why not one box for "all"? Not everyone will use it, and not many caches have more than a couple of dozen logs.