Cycling cachers

The Growler

I am after a bit of advice/recommendation. I have just bought a bike mount online for my smartphone but it is absolutely rubbish. I didn't even get off my garden before it fell off! I am doing a long bike ride soon and I want to do more caches on bike anyway. Can anyone recommend a stable and secure bike mount for a smartphone? I am at my wits end looking in all the local bike shops and getting blank looks! :ph34r:

Thank you

I am after a bit of advice/recommendation. I have just bought a bike mount online for my smartphone but it is absolutely rubbish. I didn't even get off my garden before it fell off! I am doing a long bike ride soon and I want to do more caches on bike anyway. Can anyone recommend a stable and secure bike mount for a smartphone? I am at my wits end looking in all the local bike shops and getting blank looks! :ph34r:

Thank you

Ram-Mountsare very good for mounting all sorts of devices. Expect to pay for the quality though. :D

I'm primarily biking, and I picked up a gorillapod stand for my iPhone 3GS (mainly for photos). I've only recently tried using it as a mount on the bike, and it works nicely - though I'm not sure how it would stand up against heavy offroading with lots of bumps. If it's wrapped well and securely on the handlebar joint it does well on forest trails.

Maybe there are other models that are heavier duty?

http://joby.com/gorillapod

Was hoping to get one before the weekend but going to try Motorcycle shops locally tomorrow. The aquapac seems quite pricey for what it is and it's not really what I am after tbh. RAM could be good but would like to physically see it beforehand after this disasterous purchase! Happy to buy online if not too pricey and any other first hand recommendations. Thanks for the input so far.