Brand new (used once) Dakota 20 with topo 24k west

Lester-clan

Just won this off another site, I love it so far, but I really need a good chunk of change like yesterday... LOL. It has Topo 24K west maps on a SD card on it, and not a scratch anywhere (like I said, used once.) I figure they sell for about 280.00 online with out the maps, and the maps cost 129.99. So I was thinking how about an even 350.00? I'm a little negotiable as I'm in a huge tight spot right now. also have a Tom Tom one Gps with window mount for 30.00 OBO. If you buy the Garmin for 350.00 I will throw the Tom Tom in with the deal if I still have it (its for sale on other sites). An email to me through my caching profile will be the quickest way to get my attention probably, as it will ding on the phone the same as a new cache listing... LOL. Or if you want to, you can call me at 360-432-7935. My name is Dan. Thanks for reading my post!

Edited by Lester-clan

I'm in Shelton Washington. I could probably ship it to you. You would have to pick up the shipping charges though. I just have never shipped anything out of country before. I do have PayPal for a payment. If you can pm or email me your address I will find out the shipping total for you. I wont charge anything over the actual shipping cost.

I'm sorry you're in such a "huge tough spot."

If you're interested in making a quick sale (because you need the money "like yesterday"), consider checking what current selling prices are for comparable used products, and aim for the low end of that range for selling yours. You might check CamelCamelCamel, which shows pricing trends for Amazon.com and 3rd party new/used prices, as well as searching completed eBay auction.

After doing a bit more looking around at the going rate, I would say 300.00 would be a fair asking price. Keep in mind, that includes an SD card and the topo maps. I never knew about that site Portland, Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Now, I'm off to see if there are any ways at all to ship cheaper to Australia. There must be.

Akkatracker: United states postal service flat rate priority shipping to Australia would be 45.50 USD and an additional 6.70 for insurance. making the total shipping fee 52.20 USD. I could mark gift on the customs forms to hopefully save you on the GST/duty fees. the delivery time stated is between 6 and 10 days for shipment.

You might have better luck unbundling your items; list them separately. If you get a nibble on the GPS, offer the data card as an extra at a low-ball price. There are so many high-quality maps available from so many sources it's hard to recoup anything on maps at resale.

Look on eBay completed auctions. Selling price range for used, refurbs, etc... has mostly been from $160 to $250. And if you want to make a quick sale, you have to aim for the lower part of that range.

Edited by Portland Cyclist

Just for the next day or so, I will temporarily drop my price to 275.00 with the maps included. After then, I wont need the money as bad as I do now. Let me know if you are interested, and can meet in the Shelton, Olympia McCleary areas of Washington state. possibly as far as Tacoma or Centralia / Chehalis, maybe.

Update: The dakota 20 unit (still used once), the Topo 24k West mapset on SD card, and a new in box, Chirp for $250.00 USD FIRM. Plus shipping if it has to be shipped. I am not needing the cash as bad now and I think this is a more than fair price. I will keep it at this level until sold. Thanks.

Edited by Lester-clan

So far from what I have found, that would be a NO on the Wherigo. Although I did notice in the owners manual where it talks about the sd card usage, that it says "cartridges" can be loaded onto it. It didn't say Wherigo cartridges though. Short of actually contacting Garmin about the issue, it looks like the dakota series is unable to play Wherigo. Also though, more as a side note, it appears that there is numerous issues running Wherigo on any of the GPS units that do support it. Smart phones seem to run it okay? I don't know a thing about the Wherigo stuff.

...This unit hasn't been registered, so the warranty period hasn't begun.

Are you sure about warranty?

Check Garmin's warranty terms and conditions. In your opening post you say you "won this off another site" - implies a contest or an online auction. But according to Garmin, "Products purchased through online auctions are not eligible for warranty coverage. Online auction confirmations are not accepted for warranty verification. To obtain warranty service, an original or copy of the sales receipt from the original retailer is required."

Edited by Portland Cyclist

If you have "an original or copy of the sales receipt from the original retailer" you surely wouldn't have a problem. I'm not sure how Garmin deals with warranty on gifts or prizes -- or any other claim without proof of purchase from an authorized dealer or previous device registration.

They're usually pretty good on customer support though. I'd guess they'd give the someone the benefit of the doubt, maybe just check the serial number to see when it was manufactured.