Geocaching Circles

Daniel-Son

Recently Google opened up its social networking site Google+ top the public, no invitations needed.

Social media experts can see the benefits of using Google+ over other sites such as Facebook, MySpace etc. The new security features are user intensive and lets you control everything, which is awesome.

You separate recipients into "circles" and then determine which circles receive which posts. It is all very visual and easy to work with (for me at least).

As such for those who I know you this service I am collating those friends who Geocache into a Geocache circle. The full extent to which this is going to be used is not known right now but I anticipate those who are in it can use as a general local resource, and possibly aid in planning a get together in the future.

Can you see this being of any use? I now the application is limited to those who use the site, but I anticipate that it will become an easy mechanism for those who interact with this type of technology useful. For example, I was looking for a small zip-lock bag for a micro I wanted to place, and I couldn't find one locally, so I purchased 200 off eBay. I can now either share that information, or pass some on to those who need it.