Which Drug stores carry bison tubes?

domromer

I'm about to go on a trip and I'd like to place a cache. I meant to order some Bison tubes online but i forgot about it and I won't be able to get them in town.

I know some drug stores carry the bison tubes as pill holders for on your key chain..the original use I guess. I was hoping some forum members could chime in with some drug store chains that they know carry the bison tubes. I tried the pharmacy at walmart and publix and neither carry them.

A little off topic, but what does taking a trip have to do with placing a cache? Hopefully you're not planning to place a faraway cache that you won't be able to properly maintain? Just askin'...

It's not at home but it's a place i visit on a monthly basis. It's also along a path my mom walks her dog so she can maintain it in my absence. Not much to maintain with a bison tube and a log. I'll leave her with a few extras if it goes missing.

A little off topic, but what does taking a trip have to do with placing a cache? Hopefully you're not planning to place a faraway cache that you won't be able to properly maintain? Just askin'...

It's not at home but it's a place i visit on a monthly basis. It's also along a path my mom walks her dog so she can maintain it in my absence. Not much to maintain with a bison tube and a log. I'll leave her with a few extras if it goes missing.

You might be suprised. I think they disappear rather easily.

Surprising that nobody has suggested a WalMart match safe for $1.

When you were looking for them at WalMart, did you ask for "bison tubes"? I have a pill fob that looks like a bison tube, just a little larger. It is just the right size to carry about six antacid tablets. I bought it at the local Walmart, and have seen them in other WalMarts in this area.

I have seen these types of pill fobs in several local drug stores, (some are made of plastic, some metal) but "bison tube", I believe, is a brand name.

As a side note, I know these are waterproof, at least for a short time. A week ago I was out on the lake in my brother's boat. The transom broke off, and the motor went under. The boat sank, and I had to swim a couple hundred yards to shore. (Glad I had a life jacket on, I'm getting a little old for that kind of swim. :) ) My cell phone and digital camera were toast, but the pills I had in the pill fob where completely dry, no sign of water at all.

I also had ran the pill fob through the wash when I forgot to check my pocket before doing laundry. The pills were dry after that also.

When you were looking for them at WalMart, did you ask for "bison tubes"? I have a pill fob that looks like a bison tube, just a little larger. It is just the right size to carry about six antacid tablets. I bought it at the local Walmart, and have seen them in other WalMarts in this area.

I have seen these types of pill fobs in several local drug stores, (some are made of plastic, some metal) but "bison tube", I believe, is a brand name.

As a side note, I know these are waterproof, at least for a short time. A week ago I was out on the lake in my brother's boat. The transom broke off, and the motor went under. The boat sank, and I had to swim a couple hundred yards to shore. (Glad I had a life jacket on, I'm getting a little old for that kind of swim. :) ) My cell phone and digital camera were toast, but the pills I had in the pill fob where completely dry, no sign of water at all.

I also had ran the pill fob through the wash when I forgot to check my pocket before doing laundry. The pills were dry after that also.

This is great!!

Now we have a new test for cache containers!!

What electronics not in lock n locks? Just kiddin. Your cellphone may recover if you open it up and dry it out.

What electronics not in lock n locks? Just kiddin. Your cellphone may recover if you open it up and dry it out.

I opened the cell phone, took the battery out, and put everything in a bag of rice. Left it for a couple days, but something shorted out, and the phone will come on, but nothing works. :( :(

I opened the cell phone, took the battery out, and put everything in a bag of rice. Left it for a couple days, but something shorted out, and the phone will come on, but nothing works. :( :(

:( That's terrible. Never heard of that happening to a boat either. Some days it's better just to stay in bed. :(

This is great!!

Now we have a new test for cache containers!!

It would also be a good test for durability and water resistance for those that claim that a smart phone is just as good as a handheld GPS receiver.

I've also seen these at the local pet shop for attaching to your dog's collar with his/her owner info. Can't remember how much they were though.

It would also be a good test for durability and water resistance for those that claim that a smart phone is just as good as a handheld GPS receiver.

Yeah, now you can't make a phone call from either of the devices...

I'm about to go on a trip and I'd like to place a cache. I meant to order some Bison tubes online but i forgot about it and I won't be able to get them in town.

I know some drug stores carry the bison tubes as pill holders for on your key chain..the original use I guess. I was hoping some forum members could chime in with some drug store chains that they know carry the bison tubes. I tried the pharmacy at walmart and publix and neither carry them.

I live in Canada and I've not seen them anywhere in the Toronto area. I'd be interested to know where I can get them other than on-line. When recently in Detroit, I saw them at a Walgreens but didn't buy any...DOH!!

This one almost had me in tears laughing so hard. Not at your misfortune, mind you, but the scene in general. Here is the mark of a true cacher.

(scene) Fishing in the middle of a lake, the engine falls off the boat, and then the boat starts sinking. Our cacher begins to freak

Uxorious: Holy sheet!! I'm gonna die out here.

Past his prime, and not sure if he can make it back to shore, our cacher begins swimming furiously. It's a dog paddle the likes that have never been seen before. Making back to shore our cacher falls back on the bank, out of breath, muscles drained, cell phone soaked. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out his heart medicine. Opens the lid of the container and notices the pills are completely intact, without a hint of moisture. His first thought isn't "Thank God my pills made it." No, he drops the pills on the ground and says to himself "hmmm, I bet I could use this as a cache container"

Haha!!!

MULLY

This one almost had me in tears laughing so hard. Not at your misfortune, mind you, but the scene in general. Here is the mark of a true cacher.

(scene) Fishing in the middle of a lake, the engine falls off the boat, and then the boat starts sinking. Our cacher begins to freak

Uxorious: Holy sheet!! I'm gonna die out here.

Past his prime, and not sure if he can make it back to shore, our cacher begins swimming furiously. It's a dog paddle the likes that have never been seen before. Making back to shore our cacher falls back on the bank, out of breath, muscles drained, cell phone soaked. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out his heart medicine. Opens the lid of the container and notices the pills are completely intact, without a hint of moisture. His first thought isn't "Thank God my pills made it." No, he drops the pills on the ground and says to himself "hmmm, I bet I could use this as a cache container"

Haha!!!

MULLY

Someone really ought to make a t.v. series out of geocaching adventures. They'd never run out of material. :laughing: