New Scouts Canada Badge

Viridios

I got an email from Scouts Canada about one of the newest badges for the Cubs (8-10 years old). Check it out! I think it's a great way to get kids into geocaching, and to expose others to the sport. I think my son has already fulfilled most of the requirements!

Sounds like a good way for cubs to get interested in Geocaching. I'm glad they don't require hiding a cache as a requirment.

I got an email from Scouts Canada about one of the newest badges for the Cubs (8-10 years old). Check it out! I think it's a great way to get kids into geocaching, and to expose others to the sport. I think my son has already fulfilled most of the requirements!

Sounds like a good way for cubs to get interested in Geocaching. I'm glad they don't require hiding a cache as a requirment.

Now, now, the American Scout badge does not require hiding a cache, it's only an option. :lol:

Now, now, the American Scout badge does not require hiding a cache, it's only an option. :lol:

Same for the Canadian Scouts Geocaching Badge

Never said other badges required hiding, just said it a good idea not to require hiding a cache.

Never said other badges required hiding, just said it a good idea not to require hiding a cache.

I know you didn't!! But I am always convinced there are people who think it is a requirement for the American Scout badge. You know, I live a stones throw from Canada, and once, at a Canadian event, there were a couple of kids there in Scout uniform. I was like "hi, let me check out your uniform and all your badges here, because I'm American, and the Scouts are totally different". Geez, I hope their parents didn't think I was weird or anything. :lol:

I know you didn't!! But I am always convinced there are people who think it is a requirement for the American Scout badge. You know, I live a stones throw from Canada, and once, at a Canadian event, there were a couple of kids there in Scout uniform. I was like "hi, let me check out your uniform and all your badges here, because I'm American, and the Scouts are totally different". Geez, I hope their parents didn't think I was weird or anything. :lol:

Weird? Why would anyone think a Geocacher is Weird? "If you want to score a point in a geeky internet game for going to Wal-Mart" :laughing:

Weird? Why would anyone think a Geocacher is Weird? "If you want to score a point in a geeky internet game for going to Wal-Mart" :laughing:

Actually, that's an anti-Wal-Mart parking lot cache statement, and suggests you should play Foursquare if you want to score a point in a game for going there. :lol:

Anyways, that's a nice little write-up on the badge for the Canadian Scouts. I do believe my 12 yr. old's American troop is doing the badge this year. I'm not a leader, but they've said they'd use me and my supposed expertise if they do it.

We have a permit camp next month. For the Scouts who have their permits already, there is a long hike. There will be geocaching included. I've volunteered myself to help with that. I will be preparing our troop to earn their badge. It should be fun. I am hoping that if a group chooses to hide a cache, there will be a leader who is a geocacher who will keep it up if the group doesn't.

I think I will volunteer myself for the Cub pack as well.

Mr Yuck, I was checking out the BSA badges, there is one for finger printing. I was wondering if it was for taking or giving fingerprints.

We have a permit camp next month. For the Scouts who have their permits already, there is a long hike. There will be geocaching included. I've volunteered myself to help with that. I will be preparing our troop to earn their badge. It should be fun. I am hoping that if a group chooses to hide a cache, there will be a leader who is a geocacher who will keep it up if the group doesn't.

I think I will volunteer myself for the Cub pack as well.

Mr Yuck, I was checking out the BSA badges, there is one for finger printing. I was wondering if it was for taking or giving fingerprints.

Looks like taking, and the old fashioned way with an ink pad. As far as I know, all law enforcement agencies have those newfangled machines where you just run the fingers across a clear glass scanner like you'd see in a Supermarket. Don't know how old this web page is though.

Edited by Mr.Yuck