Bomb Scare!

Smart Mart +2

Wow, excitement around these parts tonight.

Two miles away in the next village, residents have been evacuated after a suspect package was found. Apparently it has been there since 2.00pm today yet the local weren't ushered from their houses until much later.

The bomb disposal people are on their way from Salisbury to deal with it.

The best bit? It's in a phone box with a geocache in it! :unsure: though the police have said they don't think it is the cache that is the suspect package. Wires have been mentioned whereas this cache is a magnetic nano!

My user name is Smart Mart +2, the +2 being my twin 10-year-old boys who live 100 yards up from the cache phone box. It's this one... will update with further news if required.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC276ME

Edited by Smart Mart +2

'E's passed on! This phone box is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't hid a nano 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PHONEBOX!!

I couldn't resist a monty moment :P

The whole thing seems really weird. Have only heard half a story of course but it was some sort of remnant of a fight the night before in the pub opposite.

It was contained in a rucksack apparently and they sent in the metal dog to blow it up as they still weren't 100% sure what it was. Placed outside the phone box by all accounts.

No more information but not as dramatic as it seemed on Saturday night, I'm afraid. Sorry 'bout that, and after all the kerfuffle, we still seem to have a Cuba cache in a smelly phone box! <_<