Policing etiquette

Legochugglers

Just received a DNF notification on a local cache.

GC23Z94

-------------------------------------

dixiedix couldn't find Brindley’s Bends – Fall’s Bridge (Traditional Cache) at 9/24/2011

Log Date: 9/24/2011

Hopeless. New fence in path????? Dont know gave up! What rope? Hour wasted looking. Sorry if I am not Anorack enough to find it

------------------------------------

Rather an unnecessary tone to the log. Also interesting to note that the member posting only has 6 finds but also has 5 hides the first of which was the same day as their first find??.

I hope the CO takes it up with the person logging.

Then why not write a note to that effect in the cache log?

This would alert the CO that I think the log was unnecessary but hardly challenges the logger. Part of me agrees strongly with many sentiments on the forums recently about logging etiquette, self policing and the right way to communicate but unfortunately part of me just says 'walk away' and not get involved.

This would alert the CO that I think the log was unnecessary but hardly challenges the logger. Part of me agrees strongly with many sentiments on the forums recently about logging etiquette, self policing and the right way to communicate but unfortunately part of me just says 'walk away' and not get involved.

why not write the dnf cacher an email and try and 'educate' him/her a bit, instead of cluttering up the cache page with a note?

Inexperienced cacher - 6 finds and 6 hides! :rolleyes:

If the Cache owner wishes to delete the log then that it up to them.

Absolutely right hence why I stated that I hope they do.

Are you sure they are inexperienced? Looking at their profile I am still intrigued that their first find was the same day as their first cache placement but maybe I am just reading too much in to this.

part of me just says 'walk away' and not get involved.

All of me says walk away and don't get involved. It's not your cache and cache listings are not to be used as forums.

Even it was my cache I would ignore it. It's the cacher's experience. We're not going to like everything everyone writes about our caches. But their still entitled to their opinion.

It's the persons honest log of their experience. I don't have a problem with it, and I wish more people would be as honest when they are logging (both positive and negative experences). There are far too many "TFTC" logs when people don't really mean it, and also too many people who don't log DNF's at all.

It's the persons honest log of their experience. I don't have a problem with it, and I wish more people would be as honest when they are logging (both positive and negative experences). There are far too many "TFTC" logs when people don't really mean it, and also too many people who don't log DNF's at all.

Agreed but there are better ways of expressing a DNF...being polite & constructive are a couple. :)