Caching the ET Highway

TK7464

With the ET back up and running there need to be a forum for solo Geocachers (such as myself) that are planning on going to NV to do the series that my want to team up with others that will be there at the same time so they don't go at it alone.

I look at this as a safety issue more than anything.

I'm heading out to Carson City for Christmas and New Years, I'm hoping to do some or all of the ET during the week in between. If anyone else is going to be there during that time and wants to team up let me know.

You do realize the ET trail is about 200 miles away from Carson City? If we were going to be in town, I'd meet you for some it. It's in the remaining counties I need to finish the state!

Here's some upcoming events that kind of coincide with the ET trail. We might be heading down for this one. I've heard it's a blast! (also put on by the CO's of the ET trail)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a32775ec-7f1d-4680-9610-fd17152826d2

..and here's a campout that's actually at Rachel.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a6fdeec2-6ad0-4ba8-937b-f200db0f218e

I'm sure you could hook up with others at either of these events B)

With the ET back up and running there need to be a forum for solo Geocachers (such as myself) that are planning on going to NV to do the series that my want to team up with others that will be there at the same time so they don't go at it alone.

Happy New Year to all ET cachers, RT 66 cachers! I agree fully with TK7464 on the teaming up for these. I am flying in for the CES and Affiliate summits in couple days and wanted to go to at least one of these awesome series January 10-12, but honestly am a bit afraid to do so alone (leaving car running, hopping in and out hundred times...:-(. Is there a place where we can post and look for cachers to join for the series?!

Thanks a lot for your help. Coming from Europe, so I would really appreciate it!

Pinkies2009

Happy New Year to all ET cachers, RT 66 cachers! I agree fully with TK7464 on the teaming up for these. I am flying in for the CES and Affiliate summits in couple days and wanted to go to at least one of these awesome series January 10-12, but honestly am a bit afraid to do so alone (leaving car running, hopping in and out hundred times...:-(. Is there a place where we can post and look for cachers to join for the series?!

Thanks a lot for your help. Coming from Europe, so I would really appreciate it!

Pinkies2009

I see you already have posted on NevadaGeocaching.com - most of those guys have been there, but other visitors may see your post and tag along.

Now that I'm finally back home in NY I have a few tips for anyone planning on doing the ET solo. First, plan on at least five days to do the entire run plus the alien head and saucer. I was only able to average about 350 caches per day, the endless getting in and out of the car just wears you down as the day progresses. Do the desert section at the end backwards, it puts the caches on the same side as you. Bring LOTS of extra food and drink, I had stocked up but still ran out. Be extra careful and traffic wary on the Rt6 section, it's much more heavily traveled than the ET, and the trucks are all doing 80+. I found it to be the slowest section due to the heavy traffic, DON'T pull out if there are ANY vehicles in sight. They are coming at you much faster than you think.

Other than that, have a great and memorable time, I sure did.

Now that I'm finally back home in NY I have a few tips for anyone planning on doing the ET solo. First, plan on at least five days to do the entire run plus the alien head and saucer. I was only able to average about 350 caches per day, the endless getting in and out of the car just wears you down as the day progresses. Do the desert section at the end backwards, it puts the caches on the same side as you. Bring LOTS of extra food and drink, I had stocked up but still ran out. Be extra careful and traffic wary on the Rt6 section, it's much more heavily traveled than the ET, and the trucks are all doing 80+. I found it to be the slowest section due to the heavy traffic, DON'T pull out if there are ANY vehicles in sight. They are coming at you much faster than you think.

Other than that, have a great and memorable time, I sure did.

Sir, I salute you for accomplishing this feat.