iPhone v4.5.6 Release Notes

OpinioNate

I have tried and failed to upload pocket queries to my iPhone.

I have run a PQ, signed in on the app and clicked the saved button, but I just get a blank screen. Am I missing something?

Edited to add: forget this. After reindtalling my app I can see them just fine!

Thanks for the update Cyberbloke. Once the PQ generates, you can select 'Pocket Queries' on the home page of the app. Your new PQ will be listed there so you can download it. Then it will be listed in the saved tab at the bottom.

I hope this helps more! Let us know if you have troubles again.

I've only cached twice since upgrading my iPhone 4 to iOS 5, but both times I've noticed a major problem. With the compass view, the compass no longer spins freely and orient itself to point me in the direction I need to go. In the map view, when I turn on the map orient feature, the map also no longer spins to orient itself in the direction I'm facing. Since I haven't cached much recently, I don't know if this happened after the 4.5.6 release or after I updated to iOS 5. I've uninstalled the app, re-downloaded it from the App Store, and reinstalled with no change.

Edited by TL&MinBHIL

You do mean iPhone and not iPod right.

No, i meant iPod.

I bought the app because off the fact that i could save caches (including pictures) to use them offline on my iPod.

And i was very sorry to notice that the new patch 4.5.7 dit not adress this bug.

FYI I brought up an issue with the app and the trackables with Moun10bike, and I guess it wasn't enough time to be able to get a fix on this update.

The issue is that the trackables are listed as the reference numbers and not the tracking numbers. So if you drop a trackable in a cache, you have a hard time seeing which one it is if you have multiple trackables on your list and you don't remember what the name of it was. You would have to use a browser and not the app to identify which is which.

FYI I brought up an issue with the app and the trackables with Moun10bike, and I guess it wasn't enough time to be able to get a fix on this update.

The issue is that the trackables are listed as the reference numbers and not the tracking numbers. So if you drop a trackable in a cache, you have a hard time seeing which one it is if you have multiple trackables on your list and you don't remember what the name of it was. You would have to use a browser and not the app to identify which is which.

I entered your suggestion into our database, but that it not a promise that it will be implemented in an upcoming release.