Ten years ago today

briansnat

I found my first cache. My first hide will see its 10th anniversary in two weeks.

I had no idea at the time that geocaching would become such a big part of my life and I'd meet so many new friends through the sport.

It's been a fun 10 years. Thanks to all of you cache hiders out there who made it so.

And how do you feel Geocaching has changed in those 10 years? Just kidding, dont answer that. Congratulations.

I found my first cache. My first hide will see its 10th anniversary in two weeks.

I had no idea at the time that geocaching would become such a big part of my life and I'd meet so many new friends through the sport.

It's been a fun 10 years. Thanks to all of you cache hiders out there who made it so.

Congrats! Thanks for answering the repeat forum questions over and over that many of us burned out on answering long ago. You deserve a medal. B)

Workin' on my 9th year about 18mo. behind you. I've had pretty much the same experience. We're even close on yearly find totals.

Geocaching has truly changed my life. Most of my friends are geocachers now. Some are like family. Well, some really are family. I met my wife because of geocaching even though she isn't really a geocacher and my son is a 1st generation born geocacher at 3yo. He loves it.

Geocaching itself has changed while fundamentally staying the same. It has been a lot of fun with the positives way wayyy outweighing the negatives.

Caching in Northern NJ would not have been same without your gentlemanly presence. Caching in general would not be the same without your presence as a patient teacher and guide to the forums. Thanks. I like to think that I pattern my game after the way you do things. To the next 10.

Your check shall arrive shortly.

A highlight of my geocaching was when I found a cache of yours in Vermont. I like to find caches from what I consider the leaders in the geocaching world. I remember seeing your guidance in the early years. I am 86 and my memory isn't the greatest but I seem to remember that you had another user name back then. Anyway thanks for all your wise comments. Dick, W7WT

It has been pretty interesting, eh? Lets see, my first find was 06/02/2001, and my first cache created on 05/10/2002, but it was a virtual (back when we could still do that, eh? LOL). My first physical traditional cache was 05/12/2002, and more followed. I still maintain all my virtual and remaining physical caches (the ones not washed away by hurricanes) and still enjoy picking up a find every now and then. Since the kids grew up I go much less often, but who knows, I might just get more actice again in the future.

Mac

Congrats! Thanks for answering the repeat forum questions over and over that many of us burned out on answering long ago. You deserve a medal. B)

Workin' on my 9th year about 18mo. behind you. I've had pretty much the same experience. We're even close on yearly find totals.

Geocaching has truly changed my life. Most of my friends are geocachers now. Some are like family. Well, some really are family. I met my wife because of geocaching even though she isn't really a geocacher and my son is a 1st generation born geocacher at 3yo. He loves it.

Geocaching itself has changed while fundamentally staying the same. It has been a lot of fun with the positives way wayyy outweighing the negatives.

VERY well said old friend.

Mac

Mine was 10 years ago today. I didnt have an account and just signed my name in the logbook. There is a scan of most of the original log, and it seems like I just wrote it yesterday. Back then most of the game was centered on the physical cache, such as the physical logs in the logbook and trading. Today its seems centered mostly on the numbers, stats and online logs, but it's still fun. :)