Sock Puppets.

TheCacheSeeker

I've seen it done here in UK by cachers who set up a long trail or large circuits of caches. Apparently it's done so that all logs go to a separate email account and it's easier for them to monitor maintenance issues in the separate accounts. They often use an 'open' sock account and state on the profile page their main caching account name.

MrsB

I did it primarily for the theme and the fun of being unknown in the area I cache. In this case I think it adds a bit of mystery. My real account has not found these caches even though I am tempted to to get them out of my map view :)

Namaste

Ignore List

*** oops, you are basic member.

Edited by GeoBain

I did it primarily for the theme and the fun of being unknown in the area I cache. In this case I think it adds a bit of mystery. My real account has not found these caches even though I am tempted to to get them out of my map view :)

Namaste

Ignore List

*** oops, you are basic member.

His sock puppet, the one he's using to post to this thread, is a basic memebership. His real account, the one that has the issue of seeing his sock puppets caches, is probably premium and then yes, he could ignore them if he really wanted them off his map.

Sock Puppets are against the Forum guidelines:

4. Sock puppet accounts are not permitted. A sock puppet is an account made on an internet message board by a person who already has an account for the purpose of posting anonymously. Use your own account for posting personal opinions. Posts from known sock puppet accounts may be deleted and both the puppet and actual account may be banned from using the services of Groundspeak.

4. Sock puppet accounts are not permitted. A sock puppet is an account made on an internet message board by a person who already has an account for the purpose of posting anonymously. Use your own account for posting personal opinions. Posts from known sock puppet accounts may be deleted and both the puppet and actual account may be banned from using the services of Groundspeak.

GOF and his sock puppet are goners. :laughing:

Thats good news. :laughing:

Lucky for me I have more. :ph34r:

Whats the point of hiding on the forum? :blink:

Whats the point of hiding on the forum? :blink:

:rolleyes: Look at all three of those accounts. Does it really look like I'm hiding? :laughing:

Yes, it's against the Forum Guidelines.

Doesn't mean that one can't have multiple accounts for finding and / or hiding geocaches. And there's plenty of legitimate reasons to have multiple geocaching accounts.

If I had a head like yours I'd ache to.

OK, don't get all bent. I'm just kidding.

Is Bacall aware of your shinanigans?

Yes.

Another one? :)

Bacall is quite real. When I told her I was being asked if she was aware of my shenanigans she said "Tell them yes." so I typed yes on her behalf.

But the real question are you aware of Becall's shenanigans?

If I had a head like yours I'd ache to.

OK, don't get all bent. I'm just kidding.

Is Bacall aware of your shinanigans?

Yes.

Another one? :)

Bacall is quite real. When I told her I was being asked if she was aware of my shenanigans she said "Tell them yes." so I typed yes on her behalf.

But the real question are you aware of Becall's shenanigans?

To the best of my knowledge, yes. Luck me, I am often a part of her shenanigans. :lol:

When pigs fly. That guy has more socks than KFC has chickens.

sock-pile.jpg

Edited by knowschad

sock-pile.jpg

Haven't fold your laundry yet this week, eh?

Edited by jholly

And it's always SO hard to spot them. :laughing:

sock-pile.jpg

Haven't fold your laundry yet this week, eh?

I never do put my socks away. Finding a pair is fun. Its like that old card game of Concentration. "I know there's another black one with cable knit over here somewhere!"

Yes, it's against the Forum Guidelines.

Doesn't mean that one can't have multiple accounts for finding and / or hiding geocaches. And there's plenty of legitimate reasons to have multiple geocaching accounts.

I'm sure Groundspeak would love every member to sign up for multiple premium memberships.