Good things to use as travel bugs?

CACAHUETES

Just about any small toy you can attach to a TB has be attached to one and sent on its way. I'll be sending a tag/coin out soon that will have a signature item attached to it.

There are TBs attached to hub caps, large stuffed animals, tools and all sorts of crazy things. Try looking up variations of the TB# on your tags and see what comes up. You know change a letter or number in there. Most travelers have pictures on there page so you can see what they look like.

I've recently started going through all of our dead travel bugs, and releasing new ones on the COPY tags. We've probably re-used about 30 so far, but we still have a bunch of others that haven't been heard from in years. Sometimes, if I have a similar item to attach, I will keep the same name and mission as before; sometimes I change it completely (but never delete the old logs).

Here is a picture of the most recent dozen re-used bugs in the process of getting ready for re-release:

d9e49485-440b-42e0-a14f-fd7cf35bdad4.jpg

What they all have in common:

• They're small -- caches tend to be smaller these days than they used to be, and it can be hard to find ones big enough to hold regular-sized bugs.
  • They are all made of plastic or metal: nothing cloth or paper or wood or anything that will be damaged in a wet cache.
  • They are all things that we have found in caches, and thought were interesting enough to trade for, but hopefully not interesting enough to steal. (Although I can imagine a certain type of person being unable to resist "Howdy Kitty".)

Edited by the hermit crabs