Creating custom coin

buzzsawddog

I sent the following email to: geocoins@geocaching.com and it bounced back to me. I am guessing it was an old email address I found on the site so I am not quite sure who to contact.

I am an artist and have several ideas for some geocoins. The coins

and designs will be hand minted and designed (by me). Is this an

acceptable practice? From what I understand there is a 50 code

minimum block requirement for codes at $1.50 each. Can each of the

codes be used for a different coin design?

Basically I am interested in creating something of artistic value and not sending my design to someone to someone else to make. Each coin would be be unique and therefor I think more fun!

buzzsawddog - that email address is still valid (however, there's currently an issue with emails bouncing which should be resolved soon). I am the one who answers those emails, so I'll be watching for when you write in. :)

Like TeamEccs21 said, each design would have to be approved before it goes into production. If it's 50 different designs, that's fine - just send them to the email address when you're ready and I'll look them over for approval. You'll want to make sure the design includes "trackable at geocaching.com." Also please note that they would all be listed under the same series (since the minimum order is 50) so they would share the same name (and icon if purchased) when activated. So it's good to keep the name fairly generic when you have different designs.

buzzsawddog - that email address is still valid (however, there's currently an issue with emails bouncing which should be resolved soon). I am the one who answers those emails, so I'll be watching for when you write in. :)

Like TeamEccs21 said, each design would have to be approved before it goes into production. If it's 50 different designs, that's fine - just send them to the email address when you're ready and I'll look them over for approval. You'll want to make sure the design includes "trackable at geocaching.com." Also please note that they would all be listed under the same series (since the minimum order is 50) so they would share the same name (and icon if purchased) when activated. So it's good to keep the name fairly generic when you have different designs.

If you would like I can send you the bounce email if you think it would help figure out what is going on.

Can the designs be each submitted at a different time? Lets say two this month, three next then wait a while and do a few more?

How do I go about buying the numbers? That is also something I did not see.

I would be totally fine sending in the design sketches or whatever but being hand crafted they will vary slightly. Is this okay?

Thank you very much for the quick reply :-)