New York City trip

firemanjim903mfd

I will be going on a bus trip to New York City on November 26 . I would like to know what would be some of the better caches to find . Also one that would be quick and easy to find so it wouldn't take up to much time .

If anyone who lives there or has been there caching would like to share ant helpful advice or tips to make this a very enjoyable trip . Any help will be greatly appreciated .

I will be going on a bus trip to New York City on November 26 . I would like to know what would be some of the better caches to find . Also one that would be quick and easy to find so it wouldn't take up to much time .

If anyone who lives there or has been there caching would like to share ant helpful advice or tips to make this a very enjoyable trip . Any help will be greatly appreciated .

Where will you be spending your time? If you're just looking for a quick one to find to cross New York off of your list, I can probably point you to one that will be close to your hotel / etc.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=8621267d-bd92-4018-b00f-68a2ab5de872

Do a pocket query off the cache above. Use same type. You are coming in from out of town and to ease you into the City , I would suggest the virtual caches of NYC. I recently did a grouping of virtual caches in Washington DC and found that it is an easy way to learn the lay of the land so to speak. NYC caches can be difficult due to the muggle factor and the small log only type of cache. Both of those impediments are eliminated with the virtual.

I do enjoy NYC for caching, but most of the time I have gone on bicycle.

And now for something completely different:

If you don't have a smart phone app, you might want to consider it. If your bus stops at interstate rest stops, there will almost certainly be a cache there, and it will be an opportunity to pick up another state or two. Also, it will be handy to check out random spots while your wife is shopping. <_<

(Geomate Jr. is another way to do this)