More good news!

JBnW

Found this one,Clover, at a yard sale 5 years after it disappeared! Attempting contact with owner for instructions, if no contact during the next month I will send him on his way. Also, found a patch and a Jeep sans TB. Working on finding a missing Green Jeep TB in the area if no go then will get a new tag to send it on it's way.

Edited by AiwaSoundSystem

Our geocoin "Time for tea and geocaching" disappeared about 4 years ago. After it had been missing over a year I created a 'proxy' TB to travel in its place.

Today I've got this notification:

JBGeo discovered [Time for Geocaching 2007 Geocoin] Time for a tea and geocaching! (Proxy item)

Thursday, 25 April 2013

WOW! What is the chance of this happening? Five of us fly out from Chicago to hit some caches in the Washington D.C. area. Stumble onto a cache, picked up 4 travel coins, go to log them and find out that all four of them have not been logged in years and have been marked missing. This one happens to be one of them. It was in D.C. and now in Chicago. I suspect there are more like these there since I did not remove all of them that were in the cache. Not even sure what to do with this one now since it appears the coins owner has it replaced. I will wait to hear from them to see what they want to do with it. For now I am just going to mark it ""Discovered" TFTC! JBGeo - Schaumburg, IL

Alway good when one of them comes back from the dead...

I've emailed the holder of the proxy item (it's in Germany) to explain, and have asked them to destroy the proxy.

MrsB :)

All of a sudden, all 9 of our TBs and coins in circulation have each been moved within the last three weeks. Including one that was stuck in an archived 5x5 cache since last October, and another stuck in a two-stage multi since last August!

Yippee!!! :D

I also have some good news. My TB that I left in Aruba last Sept to find its way back to PA has come home. Ironically it came back to Ohio a couple of weeks after I left it there, eventually made its way to about 45 minutes from home. But, before I could pick it up, it was moved again a couple of hours away. Last Saturday on our way back from VA, we decided to make a detour and grab the TB and bring him home. My plan is to keep him home until this Dec when we are taking a trip to the Bahamas and leave him there.

I also have some good news. My TB that I left in Aruba last Sept to find its way back to PA has come home. Ironically it came back to Ohio a couple of weeks after I left it there, eventually made its way to about 45 minutes from home. But, before I could pick it up, it was moved again a couple of hours away. Last Saturday on our way back from VA, we decided to make a detour and grab the TB and bring him home. My plan is to keep him home until this Dec when we are taking a trip to the Bahamas and leave him there.

Very cool! I love it when one can complete a mission.

I'm so excited about this that I have to share! I have nothing to do with this TB except that the person who has had it for the last two years posted a "help me" message on the forums a while ago and I walked them through setting the mileage records right on this "ancient" traveller. The issue, as you will see, was two cachers in a row making logging mistakes.

Maarten's Dolphin

It took a long time (over a year) but the cacher finally started caching again and actually dropped the trackable into a cache! YAY!

One of my lost geocoins has recently surfaced. :) It was picked up by a brand new cacher in August 2010 (who never logged any finds). They posted a note to the TB page in September 2013 saying they'd found it in their house. We exchanged a few e-mails (they asked what to do with it) and eventually they put it into a cache. It's very nice to have it back in play.

Caching Peeps Geocoin

Photo of the coin with its "peeps brethren" from someone last week:

5ab9eba5-192d-4420-a5d2-d48d8fc95c4b.jpg

As of Friday last, 4 trackables (3TB, 1GC) have been returned to their travels after being somewhat 'stuck' for many months in the hands of a newbie (unknown to me). Picked up but not logged at an event, then left with the site manager where I do maintenance on the cache there. All the processing to correct the situation was done and all is well again, until the next time I guess. Did some visiting locally and dropped them to a larger cache,to the west, that serves as a TB hotel often. Wish them well on their travels.

Doug 7rxc

Here's another happy story of a long lost TB that recently resurfaced. I had moved it in 2009 in New Mexico; in August 2010 it was placed in a cache in Kansas where a n00b cacher took it from their 2nd ever (and last) cache. The owner marked it missing in Dec 2011. In Sept 2013 it was grabbed (in Kansas) and moved to a cache in Georgia (not logged though) where it was picked up by another cacher--and properly logged this time.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB2RTCB

If there was one thing I could tell n00b cachers about trackables it is DON'T TAKE THEM!!!! Wait until you are sure you are going to continue with geocaching before you start with trackables. I've seen too many taken on someone's first or second day of caching, and then they (trackables and cachers) are never heard from again.

Not quite a year, but a TB of mine that was dropped and quickly picked up in New Zealand (by a new cacher) in February of 2013, never to be heard from again, was recently grabbed about 10 km from the cache where it was last picked up. I am happy to report that this well-seasoned cacher is taking my TB on a nice visit around New Zealand, showing it the sights! I had given up hope, but all is good!

I recently purchased a lot of geocaching stuff from someone and one of the trackables included has been missing for about 2 years now. I went back in the logs to find the last known person to have had it and sent them an email. I am hoping to recover the TB tag even it the stuffed animal stays lost. Time will tell, and I will let you know if I recover said TB. So I guess not so good news, yet.

On top of that, there was a second TB also held for that long that they released. Woo Hop!

Here is the log of the cache they were dropped in

Rollin' Along and Old Bet

Years ago when my daughter was young, we were introduced to GC by a coworker of mine. It was something new for us both, and was something we could do together: get outside, get exercise and the fun of discovery! I was going through a difficult divorce and geo caching was a godsend for Ladybug and myself. Upon finding the TBs of Rollin' Along and Old Bet, my daughter thought it was a prize that she had found and could keep! I tried to explain to her that the fun of geo caching is to log we found the TBs and then get them into a new cache and on with their adventures and travels: It fell on deaf ears and she kept her trophy finds sitting on her nightstand. Years have gone by and Ladybug is all grown up and I've gotten interested in GC again and wanted to get these TBs back into the game. I apologize to both owners for the long visit both TBs had with us, but they were much loved and well taken care of while in my home. Time has come to place the TBs back into circulation and we both wish them many happy finds and many happy miles! Please forgive us for needing Rollin' Along and Old Bet for an extended visit. They are now back in the game!

This past weekend I picked up a Geocoin from a cache in South Dakota that showed as being in the hands of cachers who picked it up in Oregon 7 years ago. There is no indication of how it got there from Oregon and the cachers who "had" it have never found a cache in South Dakota. As recently as a month ago (the last Found log before mine) it was reported that there were no trackables in the cache. A mystery for sure, but one with a happy ending because the coin will be traveling again.