More good news!

JBnW

Not much. They seem to be somewhat active cachers/travelers, but don't seem to visit the site often or log too many of their finds (or have another account). I can't remember if I tried to contact them, or saw how long they'd been "inactive" and lost hope. In the end, the TB traveled around with them lost in the bottom of their caching bag, visited a few states, and has now reappeared. And that's good enough for us! And YES, I did write them back with great thanks and best wishes. :)

One of my earliest TB's disappeared at an event not even a month after I released it. It was gone for over 3 years when someone logged that they had it but had no idea for how long or where they got it. They had been at the event and were occaisional cachers that moved across the country. They vowed to put it in another cache soon. That was 5 months ago and they still haven't dropped it anywhere.

... and a bit more good news for The Blorenges:

"A poppy for Uncle John" has re-appeared. It was last logged as dropped into a London cache in January 2010, then was marked missing from that cache in April '10 and has now turned up in another cache just half a mile away.

It's mission is to get to Rimini, Italy, and the finder has logged that they hope to take it across into mainland Europe in a few weeks.

MrsB :)

I found a TB today that hasn't been logged in over 2 years. It says that it is "still in the hands of . . ." Anyone know how to go about logging it? I thought I would wait a couple of days in case someone has just dropped it and not gotten around to logging the cache yet. That way I would only have to "find" it. However, if the cacher that dropped it never logs it, then what?

I found a TB today that hasn't been logged in over 2 years. It says that it is "still in the hands of . . ." Anyone know how to go about logging it? I thought I would wait a couple of days in case someone has just dropped it and not gotten around to logging the cache yet. That way I would only have to "find" it. However, if the cacher that dropped it never logs it, then what?

It's good to wait a few days to see whether it gets logged into the cache - If nothing happens you could try emailing the cacher who has it "in their hands" to remind them to drop it off.

If still nothing happens then you'll have to do a "grabbed from..." log to bring it into your hands. then you can give it a 'visit' to the cache where you found it, just to show it was there.

MrsB :)

We have some good news on a lost little travel bug as well (TB3FG4C). Don't you just love it when that happens?

We released a race car TB back in June 2010. It went missing from its first cache, much to my then 5-year-old's dismay.

I just got a notice that someone found it in a cache today nearly 2 years later and about 400 miles away from where we placed it!

I'm guessing that this was a case of someone picking it up back in 2010 and then it got lost in the bottom of a backpack or under a car seat. We're just so happy to see it pop back up! :grin:

I have something pretty cool to share. Just picked up this cutie http://coord.info/TB2HY9J today. Owner dropped it in a cache over 3 years ago - no logs/movement until LAST month! And now it has 10 additional logs!

I love this forum topic - just released a trackables 2 days ago and a newbies grabbed it today (it was in his 2nd cache - I'm hoping he reads the tag on it). I broke my cardinal rule about sending something out I care about).

Mrs. B,

Please tell us your secret! We should all be so lucky! :)

:D

Not to rub it in or anything... This one just got found a few days ago, after disappearing back in August '09

Roamin' Roman

It's always a nice surprise when a log appears on one of my Z List trackables. (When they're marked missing I always add a Z to the front of their name so they drop down to the very end of my trackables list. I love it when I can deleting the Z months, or years, later.)

MrsB

Held a TB today that was originally released in 2003, disappeared in 2008 and just re-emerged 3 months ago! 4 YEARS LATER!

http://coord.info/TBF8DB

... and it seems it was in the hands of the same cacher all that time. I wonder what happened there? Maybe it got lost in his sock drawer - Sock drawers are tricky, multi-dimensional places - things come and go in sock drawers. Or maybe he just got a guilty conscience after 4 years staring at the poor stranded TB and finally decided to put it back into a cache. :D

Good to see it's moving again.

MrsB

This really is good news! Just what I needed to hear! My TB has not been moved in 3 months so I sent a "remnder" email to the holders. They said they were sorry and would move it along this week - that was a couple of weeks ago - so I will not worry about it! These are wonderful TB recovery stories.

I love this thread! :wub:

WOW! I completely forgot that I started this thread, and it's great to see all the happy stories. Please keep 'em coming! Along the same lines, I just liberated a TB from a local cache that had been found 5 times in about 2 months since being dropped..about an average rate for these parts. Poor little Pony, not even a "discovered" log. Unfortunately, we've got a couple of TBs that are currently "earning their worthiness" to be considered Good News. Maybe karma will get them moving soon.

My baby Giovanni has just resurfaced after 20 months. A cache owner doing maintenance picked him up...and logged him properly through the cache. I'm psyched!

I think I was a little naive regarding reasonable missions...I wish I had taken a picture before launching him, and hope he hasn't gotten too wet.

I found a TB that was MIA! Sunday I was looking through a cache and found Khartoum (horses head). When I was logging it I saw that it went MIA 1-24-12. I am so glad I was able to bring it back to its travels. Last sighting was in California - now it is in Georgia! :D

I moved a Cacher Tag geocoin (http://coord.info/TB1XCTE) yesterday. It was marked missing from a cache on Crete in November 2008 and resurfaced (in the same cache!) on 6. June 2012. It should however be noted that the D3.5/T3.5 cache is pretty remote and desolate and had no visits between September 2009 and June 2012. Now it sits in a cache on a beatiful hilltop in the forests outside Oslo :)

Looks like more good news...

Sometimes when I read a post about a trackable that's disappeared I put it on Watch to see if there's a happy end to the story.

I too feel the need to vent I went on a Geocoin Adventure earned my coin and it was a beauty!! So stupid me thought I would share it and send it on its own adventure by activating and sending it on. The poor thing got snagged out of the very first cache and has disappeared, no log no trace so it is what my stupidity for thinking people would play the game and let everybody enjoy it and trust them to log my coin. Thanks for the chance to let it out

Log yesterday on Dewns missing geocoin: North Clackmas geocoin

MrsB

More good news.

My geocoin "I like to ride my bicycle" was picked up by a geocacher in December '09.

Nudged in March '10 - Nothing happened

Nudged in June '10 - Nothing happened

Final try nudge in August '10 - Nothing happened

Nov '10 I marked it as Missing.

June '12 the geocacher who retrieved it said he'd put it in a cache but couldn't log it in there. Nothing else happened.

August '12 - It finally gets grabbed from somewhere by somebody else - It lives! It lives! :D

MrsB

Welcome home, Momster's Acer goldum ! :D

1f7ff85d-9b33-4437-a34b-4039ba3e690d.jpg

This is not really a back from the unknown story (although it has disappeared a few times over the years). It is more of a Hello, old friend! tale.

I released this TB just over four years ago; my second trackable release. The trinket attached was rather nice, but over a year ago it broke and separated from the tag. Geocachers put the pieces into a bag and continued to move it. Yesterday it leaped just under 2500 miles and was dropped practically at my doorstep! No word if it was intentional or coincidence, but the e-mail notification that it was so close was a great surprise. I put temporary notes on the pages asking geocachers to not move it out of the area, then went and picked it up today. I will send it back out to travel after attaching a suitable replacement leaf.

BTW, my first TB release, Momster's Toyi, is still active, too.

You just never know what a trackable is going to do!

Welcome home, Momster's Acer goldum ! :D

1f7ff85d-9b33-4437-a34b-4039ba3e690d.jpg

This is not really a back from the unknown story (although it has disappeared a few times over the years). It is more of a Hello, old friend! tale.

I released this TB just over four years ago; my second trackable release. The trinket attached was rather nice, but over a year ago it broke and separated from the tag. Geocachers put the pieces into a bag and continued to move it. Yesterday it leaped just under 2500 miles and was dropped practically at my doorstep! No word if it was intentional or coincidence, but the e-mail notification that it was so close was a great surprise. I put temporary notes on the pages asking geocachers to not move it out of the area, then went and picked it up today. I will send it back out to travel after attaching a suitable replacement leaf.

BTW, my first TB release, Momster's Toyi, is still active, too.

You just never know what a trackable is going to do!

sa-weet!

Someone found a bag with 80 trackables in a cache in Vermont Ontario

Logs

TB log

I've seen this coin before...Found this geocoin among about 80 in a bag, unrecorded, in a large Burlington cache. Very puzzling. Grabbed the entire bag in order to get the coins back into circulation Slowly making my way through the stash to place in my inventory.

Cache log

Been to this one before and was driving in the area so I thought I'd drop off a couple TB's I had. Wasx surprised to find a bag full of unrecorded GC's in the cache. Not sure what someone was doing but none were suppose to be in the cache so I grabbed it and will make my way through them to get them back in circulation. Cheers!

http://coord.info/GL9EAHFA

http://coord.info/TL42TZV3

Edit:OOPS wrong location

Edited by Ma & Pa

I have adopted 2 or 3 TB's, but they were already missing then, even emailing the caches who's "hands they are in" hasn't resulted in even a reply. But they may have given up on geocaching, so there is hope for my adopted TB's then when I read of others resufacing after many months/years.

Edited by ayrbrain

Oh this thread gives me great hope! We released our very first travel bug this spring, in like, May. Put it into the cache, it had 3 find logs on it, after me (no mention or move of a TB), and then the entire cache went missing. I emailed the 3 finders a couple weeks ago, to see if they had seen it at all, in the cache when they found it...the 2nd finder replied that it wasn't there, or he'd have picked it up. One of the other finders (I think the first one?) emailed and said they had it!! I was *SO* excited!!! She'd thought she'd logged it but must have forgot, she'd log it, and get it back out. YAY!! Next day...another email...she in fact, did NOT have my bug. :( My bug was a black hotwheels convertible...and I'd mentioned that in my email...she had a black hotwheels also, but it turned out not to be mine. That was almost worse...getting my hopes up and then have them dashed, once again, against the rocks. *sigh* But I sure hope it'll come back some day!

One of my TB's has reappeared after 18 months off the grid.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2488663

Nice one.

I wonder what the back story was there...

MrsB

Yes, I wonder too. I read through all the logs, both for the TB and the cache it disappeared from, and I'm none the wiser. I'm just glad to see it back in action.

Another one of my missing TBs--I know who has it because he actually emailed me and told me he has it. But he is a person in the Seattle area who is very notorious for hoarding trackables, so I have little hope that it will ever escape from his clutches.

This isn't my travel bug TB493ZC, but my daughter took it to Argentina a year ago and placed it in a cache (under my geocaching name). It was picked up by newbies and nothing happened to it, although the cachers who picked it up were still caching. No idea what happened to it, but it has moved about 100 km. I'm sure the owner must be pleased.

I guess this would fit into this thread. Found this TB a few months ago (have since dropped it off). Thought I would share the story. Names have been removed to protect those involved :)

http://coord.info/TB18MXD

Was missing over 5 years before going back into cirulation!

09 Oct 12 (the same cacher) placed it in The Write Stuff in Beaver Valley Ontario, Canada - 28.49 km Visit Log

09 Oct 12 (the same cacher) discovered it Visit Log

Found this while moving and ready to place.

16 Aug 07 (the same cacher) retrieved it from Nottawasaga Bluffs Ontario, Canada Visit Log

Picked up this cute little girl during a hike yesterday. I'll take her golfing before I drop it off at its next cache.