Outside of the UK......

PeakFault

UTOPIA

No DNF's and ammo boxes under waterfalls of gold in forests of beauty and snow capped mountains.

Have I just described Canada?

:laughing::laughing:

I would go to Canada for the wildlife and great scenery.

Wife would go to Australia for the sun and the sea.

Western Canada and Oz are also high on my list of places to go caching.

UTOPIA

No DNF's and ammo boxes under waterfalls of gold in forests of beauty and snow capped mountains.

I've found quite a few caches across Canada (on a railway journey from New York to Vancouver Island). Highly recommended; although sadly I was unable to find any "ammo boxes under waterfalls of gold in forests of beauty and snow capped mountains" as the Parks authorities were disallowing such caches at the time. So we tended to have to look for the occasional urban cache when in parks such as Jasper.

It seems now that, as long as no swaps are left, logbook-only caches are allowed in the National Parks.

Edited by Happy Humphrey

UTOPIA

I've found quite a few caches across Canada (on a railway journey from New York to Vancouver Island). Highly recommended; although sadly I was unable to find any "ammo boxes under waterfalls of gold in forests of beauty and snow capped mountains" as the Parks authorities were disallowing such caches at the time. So we tended to have to look for the occasional urban cache when in parks such as Jasper.

It seems now that, as long as no swaps are left, logbook-only caches are allowed in the National Parks.

Just come back from a 3 week trip to Canada, Vancouver to Calgary specifically. Only managed 50 caches as we were on a pretty tight schedule and due to two incidents involving a Bear and a Racoon i didn't want to stray too far from trail paths.

Canada is AMAZING for caching, fantastic scenery. I think driving through the Rockies is something everyone should do at some point in their life.

Greenland - or another trip to Alaska.

There's only 7 caches in Greenland (or were when I checked prior to going there last year). It's a stunningly beautiful location, but not that good for the numbers... but then again, when was it about the numbers?! <_<

I'd also choose New Zealand, even though I've been there before. That was before caching and every now and again, I look at the caching map of NZ and rue all the missed opportunities. Then again, I was there in 2002/03, so there probably weren't too many there at the time...

B)

If money was no object and you could cache in one part of the world that isn't the UK where would you choose to go?

Makes it sound like UK would be everyone's first choice! :lol: :lol:

Mark

You mean the UK isn't everyone's 1st choice? I'm stunned!! :laughing::laughing:

My top four favourite places in the world include three that are in the UK. North Norfolk coast, the Cairngorms and the third...... Too many people going there will spoil it, so I'll be selfish and keep it to myself. :)