Why are trackables in my possesion suddenly visiting EVERY cache we find

baloo&bd

It just started a day or two ago but every trackable, in particular my Geocaching ring, are visiting every cache I go to. How do I stop this?

What does it mean to "Make trrackable collectable"?

I'm sorry to ask this, but are we talking to baloo or bd or someone else completely?

That's an odd question, does the post not show who posted this on your side?

It just started a day or two ago but every trackable, in particular my Geocaching ring, are visiting every cache I go to. How do I stop this?

I'm sorry to ask this, but are we talking to baloo or bd or someone else completely?

I wanted to ask the same thing, since I can't find any strange logs on your Trackables, or if you're talking about some other account. If it's tough to get the pertinent info from you, it may be much harder to figure out what the problem is.

Which Trackables is it happening to? What date did it start?

What's your web browser? Any weird scripts running, like "auto-visit" in "Greasemonkey"?

When you make a "found" log, look at the drop-down boxes to the right of the Trackables. Do they all show the text "No Action" as you submit the log? You can test it on your own cache right now (just see what it shows, or you could even submit a Found log and then delete).

Edited by kunarion

I wanted to ask the same thing, since I can't find any strange logs on your Trackables, or if you're talking about some other account. If it's tough to get the pertinent info from you, it may be much harder to figure out what the problem is.

What's your web browser? Any weird scripts running, like "auto-visit" in "Greasemonkey"?

When you make a "found" log, look at the drop-down boxes to the right of the Trackables. Do they all show the text "No Action" as you submit the log? You can test it on your own cache right now (just see what it shows, or you could even submit a Found log and then delete).

Probably because I have been deleting the logs.

No odd scripts. Using latest Firefox, however tried opera and it did it there too. Is also doing it when logging via field notes or directly from c:geo. Yes, no action is selected. As stated previously, it started right after the last update.

Since I don't live in AZ, not going to show a birth certificate to prove who I am as that is still a very off the wall question. You'll just have to take my word for it. I already deleted the ring logs, but have not done this one yet on The Brat Stop.

This is the TB log.

Edited by baloo&bd

Probably because I have been deleting the logs.

No odd scripts. Using latest Firefox, however tried opera and it did it there too. Is also doing it when logging via field notes or directly from c:geo. Yes, no action is selected. As stated previously, it started right after the last update.

Since I don't live in AZ, not going to show a birth certificate to prove who I am as that is still a very off the wall question. You'll just have to take my word for it. I already deleted the ring logs, but have not done this one yet on The Brat Stop.

This is the TB log.

Are you getting emails for the extra visits of your Trackables? I never get an email when mine "visit" a cache, so I didn't even know that one of my coins is visiting cache-to-cache (the cacher is actually logging it, it's not a glitch for that one, I think).

What date did this start? I haven't found a cache in a couple of weeks, so I don't know if any of my TB's might have the effect you're seeing. It's maybe a weird database glitch something like, "pick up a TB before (particular date) then find caches after that without dropping off that TB". Whatever happened, it's very limited to certain cachers, caches or Trackables, based on certain time frames. I'd like to try to make it happen somehow, which may help narrow down the cause.

I'll also try mine in Firefox.

Edited by kunarion

This is the TB log.

I don't think anyone was asking you to prove who you were they just wanted to know which member of the team they were talking to Baloo or BD.

You have to take this kind of issue to the feedback site in order to get a response from the people that do this kind of work to the website. It might be an upgrade issue and if they don't know it's happening, they can't fix it. I took a quick look and have not seen that anyone has reported it yet.

You have to take this kind of issue to the feedback site in order to get a response from the people that do this kind of work to the website. It might be an upgrade issue and if they don't know it's happening, they can't fix it. I took a quick look and have not seen that anyone has reported it yet.

I was trying to see if possibly I had something configured wrong first. I also have no votes left and it does not seem as easy to find WHAT you have voted on to remove them so I am kind of stuck as far as the feedback route.

I was also kind of hoping that someone knew what it meant to make a trackable a collectible.

Edited by baloo&bd

I was also kind of hoping that someone knew what it meant to make a trackable a collectible.

this one I can answer, sorry about your other problems.

If you go to your profile page you will notice two different categories for your Trackables. One is labeled Trackaable Inventroy and the other is listed as Trackable Collection. If a trackable is listed as Collectible by the Owner (Be that you or someone else) then you are able to move that Trackable to your Collection. In order to mark your Trackable as Collectible you have to edit it and then click the Yes radio Button under Is Collectible:

Most circulated trackables are listed either as not trackable or no preference set. The most important thing is that if you want to collect your own tracakables (some people have extensive geocoin collections for example) than you have to set the Is Collectable choice to move it to your collection. Otherwise the tracable will remain in your inventory and be available to drop into caches.

Hope this helps, or at least answers your question.

Edited by FobesMan

If you go to your profile page you will notice two different categories for your Trackables. One is labeled Trackaable Inventroy and the other is listed as Trackable Collection. If a trackable is listed as Collectible by the Owner (Be that you or someone else) then you are able to move that Trackable to your Collection. In order to mark your Trackable as Collectible you have to edit it and then click the Yes radio Button under Is Collectible:

Most circulated trackables are listed either as not trackable or no preference set. The most important thing is that if you want to collect your own tracakables (some people have extensive geocoin collections for example) than you have to set the Is Collectable choice to move it to your collection. Otherwise the tracable will remain in your inventory and be available to drop into caches.

Is it still available for others to discover?

Is it still available for others to discover?

I beieve so, yes. Although I would appriciate a mod verifying... eartha?

Edited by FobesMan

Once a trackable has been moved into the Owner's Collection the only log options others see are 'Write Note' and 'Discovered it'. This means that if you have a large Owner's Collection of items (usually geocoins) you can take them along to events to display to other cachers and they'll be able to discover them... but you won't be able to log your Collection into the event cache "for mileage".

If you want your trackables to be able to log into / out of caches then you have to leave them marked as 'Not Collectible'.

MrsB :)

I just tested on my own hide and it didn't occur. This is a very strange issue.

Tested what? How?

The OP wrote that their currently held Trackables are mysteriously getting a "visited" log at every found cache. If you have a TB or coin listed in your posession, and log a "Found It" on a cache, and if then your held Trackables show as having visited that cache, then you've got the issue that the OP mentioned. One way to test it is to log a Find on your own cache (you could then delete the log).

Edited by kunarion