Oct-Dec. Missions?

southern_angel

I was just wondering if anyone will be hosting any missions from now till Christmas? I did a search for missions to see if anyone did have any from last year and it looked like there was only one. Some people didn't sign up because you know this time of the year is busy and expensive. I was just checking to see if anyone plans on hosting a mission so I can be on a lookout for it. :)

Last year, River Cacher sponsored an Advent Mission. It was wonderful to open a little package everyday.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=262189

I do have to add that if you are thinking about this sort of thing, that it is a pain in the patoot to find and wrap 25 little presents and it cost a whole bunch to mail it. Mike coordinated it so that two people ended up exchanging (we didn't know this when we got our names assigned). That means that I got Pingos and she got me which ended up being a lot of fun. Oh and he also seemed to try to have the exchanges be international.

Seems like there was a regular sort of holiday mission also. And a warm up sort of mission that I think lorca.nl sponsored. drneal sent a cool camo robe my way for that one...

Edited by Toojin

I too enjoyed the Advent mission, but realise it is far too late to organise now, even with airmail postage.

Many of us have only international participation options. Others just can't afford it.

If anyone is planning a Christmas mission, could they post soon......

as I have a mini Christmas (limited to exact quantities of extras) in mind - it will be international, but small in size.

Oh, and for some of us - - - it is not a winter mission!

Ok - we are into Christmas countdown - nine weeks to go.

Christmas missions must go out by the end of November to arrive in time (2 to 6 weeks airmail for international)

So if anyone is planning one, it really needs to be listed NOW!

That gives 4 to 5 weeks to put a mission together.

Some of our Christmas mailing cutoff times down here in the Sth Pacific have traditionally been mid October, but this year our NZ Post has dropped the international slow snail mail.

It cost over $70 today to ship a 4kg package to the US.

So ......

If there is no mission posted by the end of my holiday weekend - next Sunday - then I'll list the mini mission.

Be aware though, that you will need to be a regular forum participant to be part of the mission.

One year, we had someone send just a pressed autumn leaf for a gift, and another just totally abusive of the mission organiser. So all who sign up will be openly listed on the forum, and all will need to post when the mission is received.

One of my caterpillars is getting married in November, so I will be busy, so it will be a quick sign up period.

It will not be a direct exchange, but a mystery sender mission.

Ok - we are into Christmas countdown - nine weeks to go.

Christmas missions must go out by the end of November to arrive in time (2 to 6 weeks airmail for international)

So if anyone is planning one, it really needs to be listed NOW!

That gives 4 to 5 weeks to put a mission together.

Some of our Christmas mailing cutoff times down here in the Sth Pacific have traditionally been mid October, but this year our NZ Post has dropped the international slow snail mail.

It cost over $70 today to ship a 4kg package to the US.

So ......

If there is no mission posted by the end of my holiday weekend - next Sunday - then I'll list the mini mission.

Be aware though, that you will need to be a regular forum participant to be part of the mission.

One year, we had someone send just a pressed autumn leaf for a gift, and another just totally abusive of the mission organiser. So all who sign up will be openly listed on the forum, and all will need to post when the mission is received.

One of my caterpillars is getting married in November, so I will be busy, so it will be a quick sign up period.

It will not be a direct exchange, but a mystery sender mission.

Sounds good:)

A little while ago I was thinking about hosting a Christmas card mission like I did last year and then our house was broken in while I was walking my dog in the middle of the afternoon so, I was not in the best of mood :mad:

The good news is that they catched the bad guys because they knocked on my neighbour's door first and told the lady they were looking for their missing dog. She got suspicious and watched them go away. A few minutes later her daughter spotted one of them through my kitchen window. They called the police right away. They had the time to leave our house but the police catched them in a nearby park. We should get our stuff back (laptop, Wii console and games, a watch, a ring, etc) The worst part is that they took our 3 GPS so, no caching since 10 days :sad: Don't worry, they didn't take our coins collection :D

I am now in a better mood so, if some of you are interested it would be a card mission which would include only a trackable coin. It's up to you if you want to add a little something as long as it fits in the envelope.

I will post this mission around November 1st and will give the names around November 25th. If everyone has his envelope ready to ship by then, I'm pretty sure all the recipients will receive their cards before Christmas.

This mission is for the beginners who wants to see how a mission works and for those who don't want to spend too much money on a regular mission :)

So, anyone interested? ;)

A little while ago I was thinking about hosting a Christmas card mission like I did last year and then our house was broken in while I was walking my dog in the middle of the afternoon so, I was not in the best of mood :mad:

The good news is that they catched the bad guys because they knocked on my neighbour's door first and told the lady they were looking for their missing dog. She got suspicious and watched them go away. A few minutes later her daughter spotted one of them through my kitchen window. They called the police right away. They had the time to leave our house but the police catched them in a nearby park. We should get our stuff back (laptop, Wii console and games, a watch, a ring, etc) The worst part is that they took our 3 GPS so, no caching since 10 days :sad: Don't worry, they didn't take our coins collection :D

I am now in a better mood so, if some of you are interested it would be a card mission which would include only a trackable coin. It's up to you if you want to add a little something as long as it fits in the envelope.

I will post this mission around November 1st and will give the names around November 25th. If everyone has his envelope ready to ship by then, I'm pretty sure all the recipients will receive their cards before Christmas.

This mission is for the beginners who wants to see how a mission works and for those who don't want to spend too much money on a regular mission :)

So, anyone interested? ;)

So glad they were caught and you will get your stuff back!! I'm glad you have a neighbor like taht one. They did something similar at my sister's house but they didn't catch the guys.

I'd be in for a simple mission to US or Canada.

I would possibly be interested but I am not sure what a mission is? I asked in this thread what it is and as of yet....no one has answered my question. It seems obvious you are sending something to someone but who are you sending it to? What is it all about? I would really like to know??

I will try to fill you in. someone sets up a mission with a theme. Like Laval K9 said above with a card and a coin. People then post in the mission thread that they want to join. The mission leader sets the dates to join, when to send the items out and sets up who sends to who. Sometimes people send a LOT of stuff and go over the top. Other times it is very simple. An unactivated trackable coin is required and the extra stuff is optional but more fun to the recipient. Sometimes 2 or even 3 coins could be required. For the most part it is a mystery who sends you the package but not all the time if the sender wants you to know.

You would be required to post when your package is sent out and when you receive yours. Pictures of your package aren't required to be posted but it makes it more fun for the rest in the mission.

I hope I haven't confused you too much!

I will try to fill you in. someone sets up a mission with a theme. Like Laval K9 said above with a card and a coin. People then post in the mission thread that they want to join. The mission leader sets the dates to join, when to send the items out and sets up who sends to who. Sometimes people send a LOT of stuff and go over the top. Other times it is very simple. An unactivated trackable coin is required and the extra stuff is optional but more fun to the recipient. Sometimes 2 or even 3 coins could be required. For the most part it is a mystery who sends you the package but not all the time if the sender wants you to know.

You would be required to post when your package is sent out and when you receive yours. Pictures of your package aren't required to be posted but it makes it more fun for the rest in the mission.

I hope I haven't confused you too much!

Nope you didn't confuse me. Thank you very much for the info. :) Now I know what's going on! :)

Whoops.. I knew I forgot to do something. I'll get it posted tomorrow afternoon.

Just FYI, it'll be a package Christmas mission, not an advent or anything. So start getting stuff together.

That sounds great. I'm happy that you will host this mission. I thought about doing it myself but haven't got the time this year. So thank you very much in advance.