Problem with the Email Notifications

Aim High!

Appears to be a problem with the geocaching site not automatically emailing users when their caches have been found and also not receiving notifications when the caches on the watch list are found.

Anyone else have the same problem? I'm not having a problem with my email service at all. I'm receiving everything else, just not what I normally receive from geocaching.

Aim High!

Might have been the overload of cache logging in the Chicago area this weekend.

I've got all caches within a 20 mile radius on my watch list, and with our huge Cheeseburger in Paradise event and the 20 new local caches placed specifically for the event (plus the huge number already in the area), I received over 250 notifications from 5pm last night to 3pm this afternoon! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

quote:
Originally posted by EraSeek:

I think somebody got home and pushed a button. I'm getting all my stuff now.

Me too - I saw the logs on five of my caches last night, but didn't get the e-mail notifications until about 11 o'clock this morning. At least they did get sent though.

----

When in doubt, poke it with a stick.

quote:
Originally posted by sis:

i'm getting double e-mails on the caches i'm watching...just started doing that the last two days. at first, i figured their logs where edited; but then i checked. no. anyone else getting that?

Yeah, I've been getting that for a while. I don't think it happens every time, but there again maybe it does. I've not been paying that close attention.

SimonG.org