Ideas for geocoin based challenge

Jan and the Percey Boys

Degai, each geocaching member has 10 or 20 votes to spend in each section. That is, you can spend 10 votes on worldwide challenges, 20 votes on suggestions for the geocaching.com website, 20 for the geocaching apps, etc.

You choose between 1-2-3 votes according to how important the topic is to you, and how many votes you've got left. Taken together, this means that you can give 3 votes to each of your 3 favourite challenge ideas, or you can give 1 vote to 10 of your favourite challenge ideas.

To some extent, the total number of votes is taken into account by Groundspeak when they decide which ideas to implement.

Oh, and the voting is not related to accepting/completing the challenge. The voting website simply collects members' ideas for the geocaching website etc, helping Groundspeak decide how to develop their systems.

Once Groundspeak has accepted the original poster's suggestion for a challenge, Groundspeak will post the challenge to their website. At that point, you will be able to accept and eventually complete the challenge.

Thanks for that information, mamoreb! It was very clear and very helpful. Just a couple more questions. . . when a challenge is accepted by Groundspeak, where do you find the list and how do you sign up for them? Thanks again for all of your help.

From geocaching.com, you click "play", and then "Find challenges".

There are two types of challenges:

* Location-based challenges submitted by the community - use the search box on the right side of the page that I pointed you to above, to search for a city or place nearby you.

* Worldwide challenges posted by Groundspeak (such as the one proposed in this topic) - on the right side of the page above, under "Find a Challenge", there is a tab called "worldwide challenges". Once you have clicked that tab, you will see a link called "show all worldwide challenges".

Once you have got a list of challenges, you can click any of them to access their details. You sign up for a challenge by using the "accept this challenge" button on the right side of the screen.

Good luck!

Thanks for that information, mamoreb! It was very clear and very helpful. Just a couple more questions. . . when a challenge is accepted by Groundspeak, where do you find the list and how do you sign up for them? Thanks again for all of your help.

From geocaching.com, you click "play", and then "Find challenges".

There are two types of challenges:

* Location-based challenges submitted by the community - use the search box on the right side of the page that I pointed you to above, to search for a city or place nearby you.

* Worldwide challenges posted by Groundspeak (such as the one proposed in this topic) - on the right side of the page above, under "Find a Challenge", there is a tab called "worldwide challenges". Once you have clicked that tab, you will see a link called "show all worldwide challenges".

Once you have got a list of challenges, you can click any of them to access their details. You sign up for a challenge by using the "accept this challenge" button on the right side of the screen.

Good luck!

Anyone can create a location based challenge, it doesn't need or get Groundspeak approval. The only ones that we are talking about here for suggestions to Groundspeak are the worldwide (locationless) challenges.

Wow! Great information! Thank you both-mamoreb and fuzziebear3! You cannot know how much I appreciate such good feedback. I am not a particularly technical person, so it takes a lot of explaining for me to understand something and believe me your instructions are wonderfully clear and concise. Thanks ever so much!