Pocket Query Request

gt40

I'm new to Pocket Queries, and if this has been discussed before, I missed it -- sorry.

I'd like to be able to generate a list based on distance from a lat/lon (my house, my work location, my vacation residence, etc...) and be able to list them based on distance from that lat/lon.

How doable is this? I ask this because I'll be spending this weekend at a friend's and will be intriducing him to geocaching. It's be nice to be able to take him to nearby caches (we may be time/limited, and I'd like to do as many finds as we can.) For this weekend, I'll generate a list by hand, but it'd be nice to have this automated.

-- Robert

"I drank WHAT?!?" -- Socrates

Mopar's solution is the way to go if your friend house/vacation place/etc. are all within the range of your PQ search.

If you are talking about visiting a distant town, you can create additional (up to 5 I believe) queries centered on different locations.

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

Waqtcher doesn't do what I need. I want a list of caches sorted by distance from a lat/lon (which Watcher can do,) on my PDA. Once you export to GPX and convert to HTML using Spinner, the sort is lost.

Perhaps this is a shortcoming of the GPX format or Spinner?

-- RK

"I drank WHAT?!?" -- Socrates