September Statistics

holograph

I wonder why they are so far behind with the updates? The most recent datasheet updates for me were in May.

If memory serves me right, this has happened in years past, in the summer months. Since I work across the street from them, I COULD run over and pester, but I'm pretty sure the reasoning has to do with summer months and kids out of school. People take off of work, so less hands to do the work needed..

Of course, since I DON'T go over there and pester Dave or George that often.. they may be doing it on purpose, just to see how long it takes before we say something about it. :)

If memory serves me right, this has happened in years past, in the summer months. Since I work across the street from them, I COULD run over and pester, but I'm pretty sure the reasoning has to do with summer months and kids out of school. People take off of work, so less hands to do the work needed..

Of course, since I DON'T go over there and pester Dave or George that often.. they may be doing it on purpose, just to see how long it takes before we say something about it. :)

Maybe, they're off doing ninja training. :)

The record has been uneven over the past year or so. Here is a breakdown of the datasheet updates over the last 12 months showing the approximate counts and date ranges of recovery reports:

September 2010 -  521 (Jan 9 - Jun 24)
October   2010 - 2329 (Mar 15 - Oct 3) 
November  2010 - 1188 (May 23 - Nov 14)
December  2010 -    0                  
January   2011 - 1210 (Apr 21 - Jan 25)
February  2011 -    0                  
March     2011 -  602 (Jul 22 - Mar 16)
April     2011 -    0                  
May       2011 -    2 (Apr 17)         
June      2011 - 1085 (Feb 2 - Jun 6)  
July      2011 -    5 (Jun 3 - Jun 30) 
August    2011 -    0                  

These numbers are approximate. Keep in mind that often people wait and submit back-dated recovery reports, so the backlog often isn't as bad as it appears, and there is overlap from month to month. For instance, the September 2010 updates included some reports from March through September of 2009, because a couple of geocachers waited over a year before submitting backdated recoveries. In the table above, I just guessed at the date ranges of the reports that were actually waiting for publication, based on the recovery dates in the sheets that were updated.