Maps

VentureForth

This has been discussed before, but the problem persists:

Still getting the following error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E31)

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired

/map/mapviewer.asp, line 348

Doesn't matter what time of day, what map, what browser or what platform. There was some "don't worry about it. Just busy." talk a while back, but it's still happening.

Any ideas, workarounds, eta for fixing?

VF

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

Thanks! So much nicer to figure out areas to set a query from, etc. icon_smile.gif

BTW, did you just do away with other countries maps, etc? The links seem to be missing from other countries like Japan where I used to be able to see a map of the country, but no longer. Just no demand for it?

---------------

Thanks! So much nicer to figure out areas to set a query from, etc. icon_smile.gif

BTW, did you just do away with other countries maps, etc? The links seem to be missing from other countries like Japan where I used to be able to see a map of the country, but no longer. Just no demand for it?

---------------

I was getting annoyed at having to log out each time I wanted to look at the maps. But, that was a short term solution. Now, it is working very quickly even while logged in. Much better.

But, one problem I notice... When I click 'state map' from a Hawaii cache, I get this...

Could't load the shapefile: C:inetpubshapefilesusahihi.shp

I suppose there might be more like this, but that is the only one I could find.

stealyourcache.gif I do know one thing though, caches they come they go, Saturday through Sunday Monday, Monday through Sunday Yo! -Eminem www.theheavenlyhost.com/dru

quote:
Originally posted by IBcrashen:

I notice now that my caches I have planted are showing up as not found by me though. They used to show up on the map as found. I was all pumped when I clicked on the map and saw 10 caches within 30 miles of me that I havent found until I realized they where mine.

Yup - this seems to be happening in the UK as well....Is it a bug?

Chris

"We're not lost - we just don't know where we are"

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

Well, first of all, I must say again that I LOVE the new maps. But I did notice a minor bug with them. It's nothing that bothers me very much, but the tech people may be interested...

I was looking at the Illinois state map, and I zoomed in a couple of times. About the third time I zoomed I happened to click on the very edge of the map, and it took me to the California/Nevada border area.

This happened again a couple of days later, only I belive I was trying to 'Identify' a cache and accidentally clicked way off in a corner. This time, I was transported into Texas.

Acually, it was kind of cool - like a warp in space or something. This is a minor issue; let me say again, I LOVE the new maps and their speed - thanks so much for fixing them.

- Genius Loci