Members Only Caches

Attila

Is it possible to see if there are MOC's in my area? I thought I read that they would show on the state map, but the details were N/A. It would be a bummer to find that you were the only member in the area.

"I've never been lost. However, I did misplace the camp for a few days." - Daniel Boone

I'm not a member - yet. I just want to make sure that I won't be the ONLY member in the area. I'd hate to place a MOC and not have anyone know about it. Or, flip side, become a member and not have any MOC's to look for.

"I've never been lost. However, I did misplace the camp for a few days." - Daniel Boone

I don't think there are any member only caches in our area.

I have read to many glitches with pocket Q.

I just save the whole page and drop it on a memory card. Oh by the way I'm a pocket PC user. I like being able to see the whole page.

Preperation, the first law to survival.

39197_400.jpg

I became a member to support the cost of running this game that has given me so much otherwise low cost entertainment. Banner ads suck and I hope we can keep them off the site by more people becoming members.

Therefore, in the interest of increasing membership, my future caches that I create will be Members Only. Freeloaders tick me off...especially those who vote that way also.

Scott

quote:
Freeloaders tick me off...

Apparently they don't tick you off enough to not hunt caches they placed. I looked at your last five finds. ALL of them were placed by people who are not members.

I think your attitude is a highly elitist one. You've hidden three caches and you think you're better than a non-member who has hidden several times as many? Both people contribute to the site. Without caches, people don't have anything to hunt. Without cash, Jeremy doesn't have the flexibility to offer new features and maintain current ones.

So, please spare me how non-members are freeloaders.

I think there are a lot of ways of contributing to the sport. Hiding caches is one. Becoming a member is another. Buying merchandise is another. It's my understanding that if you buy a t-shirt, or buy a GPS through offroute.com, a portion of the money goes into development and maintenance of the website.

I just care about having responsible Geocachers in the sport. If they are charter members or not, that's not my concern. If the website needs more money to avoid banners, hopefully Jeremy will let us know so that whoever can chip in, will.

Shannah

ALERT ALERT! FREELOADER POST. ALERT ALERT!

Am I the only one who test-drives a car before buying it? How about trying on clothes? Has anyone else used the "30 days or your $$ back"?

I agree about supporting the habit - IF it stays a habit. Wouldn't it be a terrible thing to say "NO PLAY TILL YOU PAY!". Wonder how big geocaching would be if that's how it started? I'm glad the site is letting me borrow some CPU usage to get hooked. I'll become a member when I know I'm here to stay.

I agree with Attila and Shannah. People who can afford to contribute to this wonderful world of geocaching can contribute. If I could afford it, I would. Why should someone who is less fortunate be left out? It's not so much as "being less fortunate", but I feel that if someone is so "into" geocaching and they don't have the extra money, why should they be excluded? You are to have fun, and that is all!!! Fun = Satisfaction, right?

Candie

Upinyachit

icon_smile.gif

P.S. You go, Team Dragon! Yea!!

Our feet go where the caches are! feet.gif

I agree with Attila and Shannah. People who can afford to contribute to this wonderful world of geocaching can contribute. If I could afford it, I would. Why should someone who is less fortunate be left out? It's not so much as "being less fortunate", but I feel that if someone is so "into" geocaching and they don't have the extra money, why should they be excluded? You are to have fun, and that is all!!! Fun = Satisfaction, right?

Candie

Upinyachit

icon_smile.gif

P.S. You go, Team Dragon! Yea!!

Our feet go where the caches are! feet.gif

Gotta say, calling all non-premium/charter members "freeloaders" is a little scary. I paid because I could. Despite having one of my caches vandalized THREE times I still don't place MOC's. Why? The point of placing a cache for me is so that people can find it. I'm not interested in restricting access, thereby cutting down on the fun I have of getting an e-mail saying someone took the time to head out to an area and find something I hid there. If, in addition to $30, the price to be paid is one problematic cache placement a year, so be it.

Charlie

"One should never begin a journey by heading in the wrong direction."