Iphone 3

Tony1952

If you mean on the Geocaching App... the 'target' is red when you have poor or no GPS signal. The GPS in an iPhone 3G/3GS is fairly poor, unless you're using something to boost the built in GPS, it's not great for Geocaching. iPhone 4 however, is a whole different animal.

For 3G/3GS, check this out:

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=magellan+toughcase&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=#hl=en&rlz=&q=magellan+toughcase&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbm=shop&source=og&sa=N&tab=wf&fp=1&biw=1440&bih=768&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&cad=b

If you mean on the Geocaching App... the 'target' is red when you have poor or no GPS signal. The GPS in an iPhone 3G/3GS is fairly poor, unless you're using something to boost the built in GPS, it's not great for Geocaching. iPhone 4 however, is a whole different animal.

For 3G/3GS, check this out:

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=magellan+toughcase&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=#hl=en&rlz=&q=magellan+toughcase&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbm=shop&source=og&sa=N&tab=wf&fp=1&biw=1440&bih=768&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&cad=b

Thank you I am a first timer so I will start using my gps.

Doesnt matter if you have a 3GS, 4 or GPSr... once you get close, put it in pocket and go back to the description/hints...

With a full clear sky a GPSr will put you right on top of it, but looking around at potential hiding places is much better (although if its a nano, forget all that and get on your hands and knees) :P

(oh my - no mention of android, im slacking)