Garmin Etrex20

SmithConnection

I pre-ordered the Etrex20 in late July and was just told it won't be available until at least Sept. 30!!! They keep extending it!! I'm considering just getting another. The etrex20 cost around $200...any suggestions? I really wanted to do lots of caching this fall, but I need my own gps!! Please help!

Check out techforless.com and order an etrex Venture HC for $102.

Thanks for the replies! I am having a really hard time waiting!! My husband has his, so I'm kind of stuck following him around. It's killing me!! Thanks for the input on the Venture. Have you used one?? I might just consider that. TigerGPS suggested I go with a Legend HCX or something like that. Have to make a decision soon. I'm so not good at waiting!!!

Thanks for the replies! I am having a really hard time waiting!! My husband has his, so I'm kind of stuck following him around. It's killing me!! Thanks for the input on the Venture. Have you used one?? I might just consider that. TigerGPS suggested I go with a Legend HCX or something like that. Have to make a decision soon. I'm so not good at waiting!!!

Just be aware that the Venture and the Legend don't support paperless caching--you can't download the description and hints to the unit. I personally wouldn't want to be without it, but if your husband's gpsr already has that, maybe it's not important to you.

Thanks for the input on the Venture. Have you used one??

I have two Venture HCs. Both are excellent units for geocaching, and excellent starter units.

If you are going to get the eTrex 20 anyway.... I wouldn't spend any more money than necessary for a GPSr.

In my case, my GF uses my spare unit and once I get the eTrex 20 I'll keep my Venture HC as another spare. That way when friends go with us that don't have GPSrs they can use the spare.

Just be aware that the Venture and the Legend don't support paperless caching--you can't download the description and hints to the unit. I personally wouldn't want to be without it, but if your husband's gpsr already has that, maybe it's not important to you.

Thanks for the info! My husband's doesn't support paperless either! That is my main reason for wanting the Etrex20!

Thanks for the input on the Venture. Have you used one??

I have two Venture HCs. Both are excellent units for geocaching, and excellent starter units.

If you are going to get the eTrex 20 anyway.... I wouldn't spend any more money than necessary for a GPSr.

In my case, my GF uses my spare unit and once I get the eTrex 20 I'll keep my Venture HC as another spare. That way when friends go with us that don't have GPSrs they can use the spare.

Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to try and wait it out. Paperless is so important to me and I guess this is one of the cheapest I can get that supports that. Thanks again for the help!