Seeking cachers in Warrington area ( Padgate ) Cheshire - No one to Geocache with !

Perky1950

I have a problem that i have no one to go on geocaching hunts with me .. It's ok most of the time , just me and my dog ..

My son often comes with me , he's great for solving the problems but when people are about he doesn't like diving into the bushes with me !!!! Well that's understandable isn't it ?! ( What's that old lady doing in the bushes with that young man !!!! ) Ha Ha poor boy ! And he soon gets fed up , he can't understand why i need to get my fix as many times a day as possible .. So any one in the Warrington area ( Padgate ) Cheshire , who needs a Geocaching partner too , Let me know - Sheila

I have a problem that i have no one to go on geocaching hunts with me .. It's ok most of the time , just me and my dog ..

My son often comes with me , he's great for solving the problems but when people are about he doesn't like diving into the bushes with me !!!! Well that's understandable isn't it ?! ( What's that old lady doing in the bushes with that young man !!!! ) Ha Ha poor boy ! And he soon gets fed up , he can't understand why i need to get my fix as many times a day as possible .. So any one in the Warrington area ( Padgate ) Cheshire , who needs a Geocaching partner too , Let me know - Sheila

I teamed up with a neighbor friend who's really keen about geocaching and is very sharp at locating the cleverest hides. Plus he's in better physical condition than myself, so you know who goes up the trees, lol! It's been a great partnership.

Hi Perky

Generally, geocachers find other geocacher friends by attending geocaching events where you can meet up with other like-minded nutters locals. After you've been to a couple you soon get to know who's around your area. If you look at the GAGB Events Calendar yu'll be able to see all planned events around the UK.

Also, you could post over in the main regional forum for the U.K. and also have a look at the NWCaching (UK) forum to see what's the local geocaching chat in NW England.

MrsB :)

I got my geocaching group together by teaching them about geocaching! Usually I'd just bring it up in conversation ["I went geocaching yesterday and--" "What's geocaching?" "Oh, my friend....let me teach you the most magical wonder in the universe...."] Most of the time, they are interested and want to go with me. And they get addicted, too!

From time to time, I head out with an occasional group jaunt, but majority of the time, I've been solo caching. As someone said, step back to the forum main menu, and look for a region close to you. Worse case, use a search engine (yahoo, google, etc.) to see if there are geocaching groups in your state. The group I go on the jaunts with, I actually learned about, from a business card one of the members left in a cache, with the website address.

Using just the location from your profile, Sheila, and feeding just "Padgate Warrington geocaching" to Yahoo.com, I located this:

http://www.warringtoncachers.co.uk/

It's worth a start! Enjoy!

Edited by gelfling6

From time to time, I head out with an occasional group jaunt, but majority of the time, I've been solo caching. As someone said, step back to the forum main menu, and look for a region close to you. Worse case, use a search engine (yahoo, google, etc.) to see if there are geocaching groups in your state. The group I go on the jaunts with, I actually learned about, from a business card one of the members left in a cache, with the website address.

Using just the location from your profile, Sheila, and feeding just "Padgate Warrington geocaching" to Yahoo.com, I located this:

http://www.warringtoncachers.co.uk/

It's worth a start! Enjoy!

Thanks for your reply . yes I've already done that and have had a good response .. Cheers