Brazil Ape Cache

jellis

Has anyone been keeping up with that cache? 3 cachers claim to have found it. Two on the same day. One is contacting the owner which I would believe. One has a picture of the book which looks real enough and then check out this cachers (Ducks that Waddle)record of finds. Either he is rich or .......

Has anyone been keeping up with that cache? 3 cachers claim to have found it. Two on the same day. One is contacting the owner which I would believe. One has a picture of the book which looks real enough and then check out this cachers (Ducks that Waddle)record of finds. Either he is rich or .......

I have Mission 4 on my watchlist and noticed this as well. At your suggestion I checked the user and it turns out he logged a find on my cache Mission 9: Tunnel of Light Reclaimed. I have reason to believe the log is false so I shall be deleting it and sending a polite note. Thanks for the info.

Looks like a classic armchair cacher.

Have you reported the account to Groundspeak?

I have Mission 4 on my watchlist and noticed this as well. At your suggestion I checked the user and it turns out he logged a find on my cache Mission 9: Tunnel of Light Reclaimed. I have reason to believe the log is false so I shall be deleting it and sending a polite note. Thanks for the info.

I am hoping Hypnopaedia could report him because he probably could get the evidence that this has to be a fake cacher.

And I hope they also catch whoever is stealing and damaging the "special" caches. Would this be one person or more then one. Just keep your eye on the plaque, Iron Horse and 3 Oldest Oregon ones. And would this be the same person who stole the Mingo cache?

Edited by jellis

I am hoping Hypnopaedia could report him because he probably could get the evidence that this has to be a fake cacher.

And I hope they also catch whoever is stealing and damaging the "special" caches. Would this be one person or more then one. Just keep your eye on the plaque, Iron Horse and 3 Oldest Oregon ones. And would this be the same person who stole the Mingo cache?

Yes, I spotted him standing on the grassy knoll a while ago with an ammo can under his arm.

It looks like the log on Mission 4 was deleted. When it comes to proof, I think saying you found a cache in Fiji, Greenland, Tonga and Germany all in the same day is proof enough. One would hope at least.

Edited by Hypnopaedia

We try to work with everyone on this cache and sometimes it means deleting there found log, and some times not

Joe

Didn't realize you were the adoptive owner. Looks like there's also a recent controversy with an American who joined in 2004. At the very least, it doesn't look like they like to sign the cache logs in Brazil. :o

We try to work with everyone on this cache and sometimes it means deleting there found log, and some times not

Joe

Didn't realize you were the adoptive owner. Looks like there's also a recent controversy with an American who joined in 2004. At the very least, it doesn't look like they like to sign the cache logs in Brazil. :o

Too bad the most recent one didn't take a picture of the inside of the log book.

Joe

Too bad the most recent one didn't take a picture of the inside of the log book.

You have to read the logs, but the last find log accuses the American of not signing the APE cache, and the note posted prior to that by a Brazillian cache owner accuses the American of not signing the log on three of his caches in the nearest City. You probably shouldn't travel to Brazil, and say that you found 4 Geocaches just because you were in the Country. Not that we know that's what happened. B)

Edited by Mr.Yuck

You have to read the logs, but the last find log accuses the American of not signing the APE cache, and the note posted prior to that by a Brazillian cache owner accuses the American of not signing the log on three of his caches in the nearest City. You probably shouldn't travel to Brazil, and say that you found 4 Geocaches just because you were in the Country. Not that we know that's what happened. B)

The cacher deleted his find log and stated that he is submitting proof of the find to the CO before logging it again. That can be sorted out between the two of them - and is not my concern one way or the other. But yes, if I went as far as to go to Brazil and find the APE cache, I would sign the the log with an indelible marking pen, using every single alias that might ever come up in connection with my name, including both a notarized signature and printed versions in case my scrawl cannot be read, and then take 8x10 glossy photos with circles and errors on each one to send to the CO. That would probably do it. Although leaving a drop of blood for the DNA evidence might also be advised.

Edited by geodarts