Gnome in a door at base of tree?

Does anyone know of a cache that is a little door in the base of a tree? Might have a gnome with it? I could swear I saw a photo of it on here somewhere. It may or may not be in Minnesota.

Thanks!

UPDATE: NEVER MIND, I FOUND IT. Duh.

:lol: Just like a typical geocache...it was right under your nose the whole time probably.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=86bb04d9-ba0f-464c-a699-adef83bd72c2&IID=13a51d23-3c34-48c0-ab07-5a5dda883f00

Trying to add a photo here.

YES! It IS Mr. Little Guy's House, good work! I made it my 500th. It's okay to post photos, there are gobs on the cache page and the cache is super obvious even to non cachers. It's a virtual.

And BlueDeuce, I'm fo sho still caching! Slowly, but surely.

Edited by sweetpea3

Yes, that's a great door. I especially like the lion's head knocker.

12be94eb-2683-4c3e-b8b0-a820c897b2fc.jpg

We visited the cache in June. It's less than a mile from my brother's house.

Heeeeey, you have awesome skills since you can post a darned photo! Yup, I liked that door and hey, your bro lives in a very pretty area! Loved the lake! I didn't think the elf could handle my questions, so I didn't leave him a note. :unsure:

And CanadianRockies, I don't know what it is about gnomes, but they ARE awfully cute!

My wife thinks so, too. Here she is at her Gnome's Animal Lodge, which is supposed to resemble a rustic Purple martin birdhouse. (That's two sets of Lincoln logs attached to the exterior.)

3ee1afa3-7fcf-4c6f-995a-62e5d1060472.jpg

The birdhouse's roof comes off, and two of its sides fold down to become front and back yards. The tiny birdhouse inside the big birdhouse was my idea. :)

3f6418d7-5175-4d24-8fff-6d8b49a0db15.jpg

As for getting images into your forum replies, you first need to upload the picture to some photo hosting website (or even to Groundspeak). Then copy-and-paste the picture's URL link into the dialog box that appears when you click the "Insert image" icon on the forum reply's editor. (I don't know how much sense that made.)

And CanadianRockies, I don't know what it is about gnomes, but they ARE awfully cute!

My wife thinks so, too. Here she is at her Gnome's Animal Lodge, which is supposed to resemble a rustic Purple martin birdhouse. (That's two sets of Lincoln logs attached to the exterior.)

3ee1afa3-7fcf-4c6f-995a-62e5d1060472.jpg

The birdhouse's roof comes off, and two of its sides fold down to become front and back yards. The tiny birdhouse inside the big birdhouse was my idea. :)

3f6418d7-5175-4d24-8fff-6d8b49a0db15.jpg

As for getting images into your forum replies, you first need to upload the picture to some photo hosting website (or even to Groundspeak). Then copy-and-paste the picture's URL link into the dialog box that appears when you click the "Insert image" icon on the forum reply's editor. (I don't know how much sense that made.)

Awww that house is sooooo cute! I really wish my kids would get busy and give me some grandkids. I have a whole lot of woods and trails behind my house that I own which would be perfert for turning into a fairy/gnome wonderland. I've always had a fantasy of taking those imaginary grandkids through the forest and introducing them to the world of the "wee folk". I used to love watching my kids faces light up when I told them stories. I miss that.

Ok..time for more geocaching....I'm starting to get that empty nest stuff going on. Totally sucks. :)

Awww that house is sooooo cute!

You haven't even seen half of it. There are eight open rooms, each with a theme (dogs, butterflies, gemstones, zoo animals, dinosaurs, etc.) Moderately sized stuffed animals are placed here and are available for trading. Kids love it.

596afa74-1373-4d91-94fa-31eb047a6974.jpg

The ninth room is closed and contains the log book and regular trade items. It has hinges on both sides of the door, so the trick is to figure out how to gain access. (Since the cache itself is so easy to spot, there needed to be some challenge.) Parents (mostly) enjoy that.

d2722f39-ab75-4753-83d7-2f6d62be1c0f.jpg

Then there's the 1-kilometre walk through the bird sanctuary to gather the information you need to open the birdhouse's two combination padlocks (so you can remove the roof). Many people spot deer and other wildlife in addition to the plentiful birds.

Edited by CanadianRockies

I've done that virtual in Minneapolis too - it was very cool.

As of this morning, Mr. Little Guy's House was the fourth most favorited cache in Minnesota and the most favorited virtual cache in the state. There's just something about that door (and the story behind it) that is so memorable.

Yep, pretty pathetic that this cache gets so many favorites over so many other much better virtuals. Purely a function of it being located within the heart of the city. As someone qualified to speak of Minnesota virtuals (Minnesota Challenge: Virtual Places), Mr. Little Guy's House would not even make it into my top 10 MN virtuals.

Edited by bflentje

As of this morning, Mr. Little Guy's House was the fourth most favorited cache in Minnesota and the most favorited virtual cache in the state. There's just something about that door (and the story behind it) that is so memorable.

That's how I found it! I did a search of the most popular caches in my area and that one came up! And yes, there is just something about that itty, bitty door. Plus it's along a very beautiful lake with an awesome walking/biking path.

Yep, pretty pathetic that this cache gets so many favorites over so many other much better virtuals. Purely a function of it being located within the heart of the city. As someone qualified to speak of Minnesota virtuals (Minnesota Challenge: Virtual Places), Mr. Little Guy's House would not even make it into my top 10 MN virtuals.

And THIS ^^^ is EXACTLY why I rarely come to the forums anymore. Here we are discussing a cute, little door which helped CELEBRATE my 500th cache and you come along and have to say something rude. Nobody asked, "How do people feel about this cache?" This WAS a celebration, thanks for taking the wind out of my sails. May we never cross caching paths.

This cache is cute, interesting and it took me to a BEAUTIFUL place I had never been before. A very lovely lake in a beautiful neighborhood where I recently learned my maternal grandmother was born.

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

The interesting thing about "Mr Little Guy" is that he was a "cache" long before geocaching. I knew about it before I started caching, but it took caching to actually get me there.

Sweetpea, whenever I see people say "that's why I never go to the forums anymore", I always want to say, the forums are what they are because you don't participate. If you don't like the attitude, then hang around a bit more, don't run away. Add your personality to the mix.

The interesting thing about "Mr Little Guy" is that he was a "cache" long before geocaching. I knew about it before I started caching, but it took caching to actually get me there.

When we were telling my brother's family about finding this cache, my nephew explained that they had known all about it for years, including its advice-giving features. Apparently, lots of people are familiar with it, yet it doesn't seem to get "muggled" very often.

Edited by CanadianRockies

And THIS ^^^ is EXACTLY why I rarely come to the forums anymore. Here we are discussing a cute, little door which helped CELEBRATE my 500th cache and you come along and have to say something rude. Nobody asked, "How do people feel about this cache?" This WAS a celebration, thanks for taking the wind out of my sails. May we never cross caching paths.

This cache is cute, interesting and it took me to a BEAUTIFUL place I had never been before. A very lovely lake in a beautiful neighborhood where I recently learned my maternal grandmother was born.

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

I never said it was a bad cache. I merely pointed out that it gets favorites simply because number of visits being in the metro. You bet its cute. But in terms of virtual caches, it's not tops. Please don't be so sensitive. Enjoy your milestone and start aiming for the next one.