Pocket Query

Yazhi75

Good morning and Hello to everyone. I am new to the game of geocaching. I became a premium member last weekend cause I like the idea of pocket queries. However, I am doing everything the instructions and video is telling me for my first time pocket query but when I hit submit I keep getting zero results. Anyone one any tips or ideas of what I am doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Good morning and Hello to everyone. I am new to the game of geocaching. I became a premium member last weekend cause I like the idea of pocket queries. However, I am doing everything the instructions and video is telling me for my first time pocket query but when I hit submit I keep getting zero results. Anyone one any tips or ideas of what I am doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi and welcome to geocaching! One thing about pocket queries is that I seldom choose attributes. The attributes you choose all act as AND, meaning that a cache has to have that specific combination in order for the PQ to pick it up. Leave the attributes squares blank and see what you get.

Edited by LaxRef93

check that you don't have conflicting search terms or any date restrictions, there are also a few sections where you can pick specific terms like size or type or choose "any"...also location in the "From Origin" section

can you post what selections you made?

Edited by t4e

I think the most common cause for this is choosing two opposite terms. For example if you want all the caches in an area including those you've already found, don't choose I have found and I have not found since there are no caches that you have both found and not found. Instead choose neither term,

... And check "Day to Run" is checked.

Sometimes NOT selecting " XX Miles from..." selected coordinates/home can cause problems.

I got my Magellen GC yesterday and wanting caches in a 75 mile radius from home cords., came up with the same results.After reading these posts, i left off attributes,double checked to make sure the right boxes were checked/not checked etc. and this time it worked.Theres a bug alright, just not sure what it is.One reviewer on the GPS returned his i think i remember reading because of this glitch.Thanks guys with the help on this problem!

I got my Magellen GC yesterday and wanting caches in a 75 mile radius from home cords., came up with the same results.After reading these posts, i left off attributes,double checked to make sure the right boxes were checked/not checked etc. and this time it worked.Theres a bug alright, just not sure what it is.One reviewer on the GPS returned his i think i remember reading because of this glitch.Thanks guys with the help on this problem!

what exactly is the problem you are having?

Did notice another glitch.On my caches and other with attributes and pics it says "0" on my GPS screen.Also wish there was a way of marking my caches as "mine" instead of just Found,not found, field note and needs maintenance.

are you talking about a glitch on your GPS?

Edited by t4e

Did notice another glitch.On my caches and other with attributes and pics it says "0" on my GPS screen.Also wish there was a way of marking my caches as "mine" instead of just Found,not found, field note and needs maintenance.

Don't include your own caches in the PQ. You can do a separate PQ for your own caches and then load them as custom POI with a different icon - at least with may GPS units you can do that. I keep my own caches on the microSD card and use a purple circle as the icon.