9/11 Good or bad caching weekend?

pppingme

So will this be a typical weekend for geocaching, or is anyone afraid of getting the cops called on them by paranoid watchers?

Actually, I didn't even think about that when I was out today. I spent about an hour hunting around an eletrical unit at a mall before I finally found the sneaky bugger. Geez..what was I thinking??? :blink::unsure:

I wasn't even paying attention to the date. I just looked outside, saw that it was beautiful and went on my merry caching way. LOL.

I'm going to be a little more careful with urban hides tomorrow.

In DC or NYC, it might be. Elsewhere, I wouldn't think it would a problem.

I agree with this statement. There's heightened security in those areas due to recent threats related to 9/11/11 so you wouldn't find me urban caching in DC or NYC this weekend. Anywhere else, go about business as usual.

Our LAPD police chief has been holding news conferences and telling people to report strange activities, all week, so yes, I have been thinking about it. I've been hoping that none of my geofriends end up on the evening news.

November is so far off, not really thought about it. What's so special about the 9th anyway? <_<

You backwards world, you all need to get with the USA on date formats.

And the letter "Z" is pronounced "zee", not "zed" :) Since I do quite a bit of work with an international audience I can switch back and forth between the day first/month first date formats depending on who I'm corresponding with.

I was recently looking at some travel web sites, trying to find some interesting and affordable fares to Europe for a business trip to Rome in a few weeks. I came across one site that is charging a $10 security fee for air travel on 9/11. So, let me get this straight. I have to pay extra if I want to be subjected to more security checks?

I'm not planning on doing any geocaching today. 9/11 will always have special significance to me because on the 11th of September in 1999 I got married.

November is so far off, not really thought about it. What's so special about the 9th anyway? <_<

You backwards world, you all need to get with the USA on date formats.

And the letter "Z" is pronounced "zee", not "zed" :) Since I do quite a bit of work with an international audience I can switch back and forth between the day first/month first date formats depending on who I'm corresponding with.

I was recently looking at some travel web sites, trying to find some interesting and affordable fares to Europe for a business trip to Rome in a few weeks. I came across one site that is charging a $10 security fee for air travel on 9/11. So, let me get this straight. I have to pay extra if I want to be subjected to more security checks?

I'm not planning on doing any geocaching today. 9/11 will always have special significance to me because on the 11th of September in 1999 I got married.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! :D

I thought about it, but I figure in my area, there won't be much paranoia about the date. I went out on the 10th and had a blast. No DNFs out of 10 finds for me, plus a couple that some friends hadn't picked up yet. On the 11th, I only picked up two, but they were great hides. I had to do something to get my mind off of the Chiefs' game. :)

Edited by summer&weston

And the letter "Z" is pronounced "zee", not "zed" :)

I grew up in the U.S. and moved to Canada over 20 years ago. I quickly got the hang of using kilometres instead of miles. Thinking in terms of Celsius rather than Fahrenheit took a year or so. But it has only been the in last few months that I finally started unconsciously saying "zed" instead of "zee."

I still say "sked-jual" instead of "shed-ule." There are limits, after all.

I grew up in the U.S. and moved to Canada over 20 years ago. I quickly got the hang of using kilometres instead of miles. Thinking in terms of Celsius rather than Fahrenheit took a year or so. But it has only been the in last few months that I finally started unconsciously saying "zed" instead of "zee."

Zulu is the standard for all US Military radio communications. <_<

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

I grew up in the U.S. and moved to Canada over 20 years ago. I quickly got the hang of using kilometres kilometers instead of miles. Thinking in terms of Celsius rather than Fahrenheit took a year or so. But it has only been the in last few months that I finally started unconsciously saying "zed" instead of "zee."

There... fixed it for you. :-P

So the letter 'Z' can also be pronounced "zoo"? :) How about jewellery stores up here in Canada, while our southern neigbours/neighbors have jewelry stores.

Not a bad day on Sunday for me. Bagged a few finds including rescuing a cache that was floating in a swamp and an FTF that came out late in the afternoon.

My caching partner had a rough go of it though. We were walking through the woods and she was focused on her GPSr and tripped over a stump and fell flat on her face. She got a huge bruise on her arm and a nice shiner under one of her eyes.

You probably also pronounce project with a long o instead of prah-ject. What's that all aboot?

Tango Foxtrot Tango Charlie.

You probably also pronounce project with a long o instead of prah-ject. What's that all aboot?

Just to make things even more confusing, there are French accents up here as well as British pronunciations.

Before moving north, I went on a long holiday (i.e., vacation) through eastern Canada, including New Brunswick. While visiting this officially bi-lingual province (i.e., state), I took a guided tour of their Legislative Building (i.e., Capitol).

Partway through the tour, we came to what the guide announced was "the left-handed Governor's office." I thought that was a rather odd detail to mention. I wondered what colour (i.e., color) his eyes were but didn't bother to ask. She then explained how the left-handed Governor had to give his assent before a bill became law, the left-handed Governor was responsible for calling the Legislature into session, and the left-handed Governor was the Queen's official representative in the province. What's with this handedness obsession!?

Eventually, I figured out that the left-handed Governor was the Lieutenant Governor (no U.S. equivalent -- certainly not Lieutenant Governor). Oh, and Governors up here are called Premiers.

Also, we didn't go geocaching yesterday, but we did canoe down a river on Saturday and found 10 caches along the way. Good day.

Edited by CanadianRockies