The worlds LOOOOONGEST Log

germanybert

There is a recent thread talking about Lazy Logs so I was wondering who, besides me, always writes a long log?

Also I wonder who wrote the worlds longest log and for which cache.

Here is the log I wrote for a find this morning for this cache: http://coord.info/GC1KAVZ

"This morning Sarge the Wunderlab and I decided to do some caching and this one was the first on my list. I have done most of the other caches in Eulenbis and figured I need to go ahead and get this one also.

Sarge jumped in the back of my BIG RED Dodge Nitro Decepticon Transformer Travel Bug cachemobile and we took off towards the cache. After about ten minutes we were at the cache parking spot so I let Sarge out and off we went.

We arrived at the beautiful little pond and took the long way around so we could enjoy the view. Sarge ran all around sniffing everything and marking all the trees to insure that others of his type in the area knew that he had been here. Then he ran and JUMPED in the pond!! Being a Wunderlab this is to be expected but the sign says no dogs are allowed in the pond. I yelled to him, "SARGE!!! Get out of the water! Didn't you see the sign!" Sarge cocked his head the the left and barked back. I think he said, "Yeah, I saw a sign but I don't know how to read human." Then I told him that he would have to stay out of the water and he obeyed.

We got back into the business of finding the cache and soon were at the cacher autobahn. We followed it up and just as I was about to grab the cache Sarge took of into the woods. I called and called him but it took about two minutes before I could get him to come back.

I finally had the cache container in my hand and found that the hardest part of this find was getting the container open. I finally accomplished it and then I singed the logbook. I dropped in one of my WORLD FAMOUS Germany Bert Travel Bugs, close the container back up and then replaced the cache exactly how and where I found it.

Sarge an I then started walking back to the cachemobile but stopped along the way to take some photos which I will upload later. I also made Sarge sit still for a moment so I could take his photo which he did not like very much.

My person trackables and some other trackables I have found at other caches also visited the cache.

Thank for creating this cache and showing me a place in Germany that I probably never would have seen. Good luck to the next seekers and please remember ... no cache find is worth losing your life or getting seriously injured! Always stay aware of your surroundings. SAFETY FIRST!

A cache find a day helps keep the doctor away!

This is my cache find number One Thousand and Twenty Four."

Check this event cache out:

Ishpatina Ridge Picnic GCYYQR

A 5/5 event I attended in 2008 has a 14 part log, and a 12 part log. It ended up having it's own Flickr group with hundreds of pictures.

A detailed Blog of the adventure from cacher who organized it.

And even a couple of video montages nicely put together by another particpant.

Part 2

There are still more pics, videos and even magazine articles about the event scattered around the internet.

There are several long distance hiking caches that not only receive one long log, but where the majority of logs is long.

For example

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=9e649f3d-7a10-43d8-ad2f-6db609c1a574 (Munich-Venice)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=05632c19-bec3-4f96-b708-ef59c47db982 (Graz-Mariazell)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=05632c19-bec3-4f96-b708-ef59c47db982 (around Graz - some post all their logs together after they have found the cache, I have decided to log a separate log for each leg after completion)