Garmin Montana V3.40

Catch

Montana (WebUpdater) software version 3.40

Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:

Fixed shutdown viewing routes on map

Fixed satellite dashboard on the map

Fixed issue where parts of map review page were not responsive to touch

Fixed issue with right side controls where dashboard and icons could overlap on main menu

Fixed issue where some auto-archived tracks would be named in English regardless of user language

Fixed issue where background would not update correctly behind dashboards

Downgraded to 3.3, calibrated compass all OK. Then upgraded to 3.4 again, still OK. Recalibrated compass on 3.4 to be sure that didn't cause the problem, again OK. Not sure what happened on the first upgrade, but heading/compass/track up appears to be working OK now. I did get a warning "all user data will be reset" when downgrading to 3.3, maybe my particular profile settings were the problem. Disregard I guess.

The update did not solve my shortcut/routing problem:

I created a shortcut to switch to automotive profile (including automotive routing), select a waypoint and open the map. The shortcut worked at first, but after a few times, it constantly causes a crash. I have created five such shortcuts, with different waypoints, different maps, trying from different locations - same outcome (crash).

When I am already in automotive mode and run these shortcuts, they work exactly as expected.

When I am not in automotive mode, but remove the opening of the map from the shortcuts, they work exactly as expected.

At a few locations, instead of a crash, I get this: "Route calculation error. Maps do not have routable roads in this area." It seems that it crashes whenever roads ARE routable.

I also noticed that after a crash, "lock on road" is always changed from off to on in the profile that I ran the shortcut from.

Anyone else with this problem?