Geocheckpointing

Just spotted this, "Geocheckpointing": http://www.geocheckpointing.com

Seems a bit like a Munzee, but without the need for something to scan a QR code. I've signed up but there aren't any in the UK (yet) seem to be a few around Europe though. It looks like pretty much the same idea as Munzees, but the thing you print off has a short code (In the example I tried just a 3 letter code) that you put somewhere. You can have "Challenge", "Standard", and "Commercial" checkpoints and rate the terrain as 1, 2, or 3. Then add the coords for the location.

Enjoy! :anitongue:

A '6cm x 8cm' printed tag marked with three letters, clearly visible (in towns and countryside presumably) and with tape used to stick it down to help prevent theft.

And if one goes missing (or is thought to have gone missing) anyone can put a new one out in its place.

Am I the only one envisaging lots of clearly visible soggy bits of card with running ink stains stuck to drainpipes and pinned to trees?

Think I prefer the hidden box game where at least they are not visible to the casual passer by.

I've just been reminded about this which I saw in the Telegraph last weekend. Not strictly geocaching-related but it's the sort of thing some geocachers might enjoy looking at. It's rather reminiscent of the book "Masquerade" of 30+ years ago...

The Great Global Treasure Hunt on Google Earth.

MrsB

Golden Hare #2?!

The original was won by someone who hadn't bought the book, or solved ANY of the clues! Dr Barker was my Physics tutor,

The original muggling?

Edited by NattyBooshka