World Cup Party time

Butterfly_lady

I believe the Kiwi's have been waiting 24 years for a championship!

Swing low, sweet chariot! Coming for to carry me home!

To the tune of Living Next Door to Alice

Oh I don't know how we got it, it should have been Japan,

I guess they've got their reasons but I just don't give a dadgum,

Cos for 24 years we've been trying to get our hands on Webb Ellis (Ellis, where the f***'s Webb Ellis)

24 years waiting for the chance

We're thrashing everybody then we go and lose to France,

Now he's coming back home, we'll surely get our hands on Webb Ellis.

Edited by Guwapo

Augh! I don't get TSN2 so I'm going to miss almost all the matches!

Same :(

There are several places online that stream sports live. I don't have cable and that's how I watched almost every NFL football game I wanted to see last year. Start at www.justin.tv and there should be links to other sites if needed.....or I have other urls too.....

Wales and Scotland for me!

Wales is being hosted in my home city - with 2 games here!

I will seek out TBs and GCs listed in this forum, if I'm able to.

Please post a link to their page,....

oh, and..... GO KIWIS - Go BLACK!

We lost all the games that were to be local-ish - stupid earthquakes :(

Oh well... We did host the Romania team here up until yesterday. :)

Edited by keewee

World cup? Whole world watching? Party? What? :huh:

Rugby is pretty dead in Norway. :)

Well, there are in fact some clubs here, but it is NEVER in the media, neither national events nor major international events. I take it Norway isn't participating in this world cup, or what?

I do have a traveler on its way to New Zealand though - it wants to visit you, Butterfly_Lady!

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2250147

I admit I am not a huge follower of any sport, but prefer Rugby to Football. Don't think I would ever get a world cup ticket though! (My chiropractor is a rugby fan from S. Africa and has been to many world cup matches all over the world - even on his honeymoon! It's a good subject to get him on when he's putting my joints and muscles right!)

Looks like the England's kit supplier has upset some Maori elders by choosing the wrong colour for the England change strip! (Why do that? ...there was only one colour not to choose! I suppose it makes for an extra news story, but not worth upsetting the home team and crowds over. :huh: )

Well I have a geocoin on its way to New Zealand: Arabian Horse Geocoin I have held on to it for some time, waiting for the right time for it to go and the opportunity came up :ph34r: but don't know when it will get there!

Have a great world cup all New Zealanders, and any geocachers who have gone to NZ to support/watch. :D

Edited by Fianccetto

Finally - it's here!

The Party starts in NEW ZEALAND today and the whole world is watching!

So tell us about any geocoins you have out there, travelling to NZ. Especially if they are RUGBY missions!

Tell us what team is yours!

And bring your party items to the forum.

We have "TB1YQTH" heading out to see Keewee! :)

Well I have a geocoin on its way to New Zealand: Arabian Horse Geocoin I have held on to it for some time, waiting for the right time for it to go and the opportunity came up :ph34r: but don't know when it will get there!

Aha - another to watch - but seems it still has to say it's farewells at home.

It's no fixed abode at present. I posted it nearly 6 weeks ago. How long does it usually take for things to get from UK to NZ? :unsure:

Aha - another to watch - but seems it still has to say it's farewells at home.

It's no fixed abode at present. I posted it nearly 6 weeks ago. How long does it usually take for things to get from UK to NZ? :unsure:

depends on the postal rate chosen.

6 to 8 weeks, economy parcel post,

10 days fast airmail to 3 days international courier post.

It may just be that the receipent has not logged it yet.