Downloading Multiple GPX caches

rdjl972

Could someone tell me where in either Groundspeak Knowledge files or Geocaching.com that I can locate how to download multiple caches after doing a search? After locating about 30 cache locations I checked all the ones I was interested in downloading to my eTrex Vista HCx and I had to download them one at a time. There HAS to be a better way of doing this. Could someone enlighten me?

Thanks,

Rick

Since you are a premium member, you have 2 options.

One is to run a pocket query in the area you are interested in. This will yield a subset of caches which you can specify with the PQ settings when you run it.

The other is to make a bookmark list of specific caches you are interested in and then create a pocket query from the list.

Both options are on your profile page under the "Premium Features" section. One is noted as "Build Pocket Queries", the other as "Manage Lists".

Happy Caching! B)

One is to run a pocket query in the area you are interested in. This will yield a subset of caches which you can specify with the PQ settings when you run it.

The other is to make a bookmark list of specific caches you are interested in and then create a pocket query from the list.

Both options are on your profile page under the "Premium Features" section. One is noted as "Build Pocket Queries", the other as "Manage Lists".

Happy Caching! B)

OK. I tried the bookmarking and it worked fine. I then turned the entire 7 caches into a PQ and that worked just fine. But how the heck do I get the PQ into my Garmin eTrex? I must be doing something really wrong because it sounds real simple. So I must be missing one little thing somewhere. Can you give me a step-by-step from a PQ to the download to the Garmin? I'd certainly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rick

WOW rdjl972, you are right now a legendary creature:

A Premium Member, with no hides and no finds.

Hopefully that will soon change. :)

To upload waypoints to your GPSr you need some waypoint management software...like Easy GPS.

If you're in it for the long haul (which paying for a membership would seem to indicate), I would suggest you also invest in GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) for your waypoint management needs.

Happy Caching! B)

OK. I tried the bookmarking and it worked fine. I then turned the entire 7 caches into a PQ and that worked just fine. But how the heck do I get the PQ into my Garmin eTrex? I must be doing something really wrong because it sounds real simple. So I must be missing one little thing somewhere. Can you give me a step-by-step from a PQ to the download to the Garmin? I'd certainly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rick

You can use Easy GPS or GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife). I have used both and they both work just fine on my ETrex H.

I prefer GSAK because it has many more features and can do a lot of different things. You can download it and evaluate it to see if you like it. You can use it for 30 days (if I remember correctly) and then after that you get a nag screen that makes you wait for a minute or two, depending on how many days you have used the program. I went ahead and paid for the registered version since I thought it was well worth it and have not been sorry since. There is a lot of support for GSAK on the internet including advanced types of scripts and a lot of helpful users that can answer questions.

Could someone tell me where in either Groundspeak Knowledge files or Geocaching.com that I can locate how to download multiple caches after doing a search? After locating about 30 cache locations I checked all the ones I was interested in downloading to my eTrex Vista HCx and I had to download them one at a time. There HAS to be a better way of doing this. Could someone enlighten me?

Thanks,

Rick

Perhaps the one simple thing is turning on the GPS first,its an easily overlooked step.