Fowlmead Country Park, Kent

cobweb1979

We are on holiday in Kent and drove past Fowlmead Country park this afternoon, and saw Geocaching advertised - so we stopped and picked up a leaflet and were told there were 20 caches in the park.

So quite excited I logged in as soon as I got home to transfer the info/coords to my gps and head back tomorrow, but there appears to be only one - a puzzle cache, and one just outside. http://coord.info/map?ll=51.230533,1.382813&z=14

Are there any locals about who can enlighten me? Are they caches that aren't on geocaching.com?

Mmmm, I see what you mean.

It could be that they have just laid down their own Geocaches (without going through any Geo sites)independently and printed information out for visitors to go and find them. I think quite a few places have done this to attract visitors.

As far as other Geocaching sites are concerned, there are several, I think one of them is called Navicache.

I'm sure there will be some peeps on here soon who will help you further :) .

Thanks for looking MrsB!

I googled "geocaching in Fowlmead Country Park" and found a couple of blogs/review sites where people had been geocaching there and even linked here, so it is very confusing!

They could well be their own ones. To be honest it puts me off a bit that I can't log them on here! That is very sad isn't it?! But it's still fun to do so if the weather is OK we might check it out.

Thanks for looking MrsB!

I googled "geocaching in Fowlmead Country Park" and found a couple of blogs/review sites where people had been geocaching there and even linked here, so it is very confusing!

They could well be their own ones. To be honest it puts me off a bit that I can't log them on here! That is very sad isn't it?! But it's still fun to do so if the weather is OK we might check it out.

Link here? Well Grundspeak is the site!

Maybe they thought the caches wouldn't be approved here, ie Considered Commercial, to have an Agenda, or even placed too close, to get approved... Or they just didn't want the rest of us going after them!

Thanks for looking MrsB!

Link here? Well Grundspeak is the site!

Maybe they thought the caches wouldn't be approved here, ie Considered Commercial, to have an Agenda, or even placed too close, to get approved... Or they just didn't want the rest of us going after them!

...not quite. Fowlmead Park, like others now runs a geocaching activity, amongst other activities, to school parties - team building etc etc(not individuals) as part of their business. Those that are placed out for such activities are temporary only - My own FOWLMEAD series as published by Groundspeak was targeted to such an extent that it had to be archived. A new series is almost ready for publication. Hope that clarifies the position.

Edited by MeerRescue