Decrypt by Default - Request

Team DEMP

I did a search and didn't find any hits on this topic.

I think it would be beneficial to have an option to decrypt the additional hints by default. I'm going out on a limb, but I imagine a good majority of the folks do it all the time, and it would save significantly on the processing of page views just to re-process/re-display the same page with decrypt=y in the URL.

Maybe the site owners can review the logs and see if decrypt=y is being used often in which case, it would cut down on a large portion of those, which are almost definitely duplicate page views just for decrypting.

I'm sure some folks still want it encrypted, so making it a per user option would satisfy both camps icon_smile.gif

Any thoughts?

David

That would work if it was an option that could be enabled/disabled in the user preferences. Otherwise, it would be a spoiler for those who don't want to use the hints.

That's another advantage to using the Mobipocket of GPX generated cahe pages on a PocketPC. You can simply click on the Hints link in the page to view the decrypted hint. No need to try to decode the hint with pencil and paper while swatting skeeters. icon_wink.gif

That Quack Cacher:

Lone Duck

When you don't know where you're going, every road will take you there.