Double or Triple Platinum EarthCache Masters

TerryDad2

A review of the reqs:

Earthcache Master levels:

Bronze PinBronze Earthcache Master

Visit and log three (3) or more Earthcaches in two (2) or more states/countries.

Silver PinSilver Earthcache Master

Visit and log six (6) or more Earthcaches in three (3) or more states/countries and have developed one (1) or more Earthcaches.

Gold PinGold Earthcache Master

Visit and log twelve (12) or more Earthcaches in four (4) or more states/countries and have developed two (2) or more Earthcaches.

Platinum PinPlatinum Earthcache Master

Visit and log twenty (20) or more Earthcaches in five (5) or more states/countries and have developed three (3) or more Earthcaches.

I never thought about it that way, but I guess I am Double Platinum. I own 6 EarthCaches and have found EarthCaches in something like 27 different States/Provinces/Countries. I have a few ideas for other EarthCaches. I guess I should get cracking and write them up so I can attain the Triple Platinum status. :)

chiefsfan19, Yorktown Virginia, I enjoy finding earthcaches, they are always there, fun to find, and learn alot about the earth.

I guess my stats qualify me for Triple Platinum Earthcache Master!

Owned Earthcache: (10) Alaska (8), Puerto Rico (2)

Earthcaches Finds: (244) ....50+ Finds Badge....100+ Finds Badge....Platinum Earthcache Master

US States (36): AK (12), VA (8), NC (1) , GA (4), AL (2), FL (12), MA (10), TX (6), CA (66), LA (3), MS (2), NV (13), AZ (1), TN (17), KY (2), KS (1), NY (7), NH (1), ME (1), WY (6), MO (3), IL (6), ID (2), MT (1), MD (1), NJ (5), PA (1), WI (1), MI (26), CT (3), VT (1), HI (2), SC (3), WA (7), OR (1)

Countries(3): United States (240), Canada (3), Jamaica (1)

Sad.

So very sad.

To see EarthCachers stooping to the same level as the powertrail cachers.

"I have XXXX finds, envy me"

:back:

So there is nothing that you aspire to or are proud of? Most people have something that they are happy to have done, I don't think anyone is looking for your approval. They are just sharing.

Edited by Flintstone5611

Sad.

So very sad.

So there is nothing that you aspire to or are proud of? Most people have something that they are happy to have done, I don't think anyone is looking for your approval. They are just sharing.

The discussion above has sidetracked many a topic. Come back to topic and start another to discuss that issue.

Sad.

So very sad.

The discussion above has sidetracked many a topic. Come back to topic and start another to discuss that issue.

You are absolutely right TerryDad2. It's sad that some only want to throw stones for no reason at all. We are proud members of the 'unofficial' Double or Triple Earthcache Masters Club. To the naysayers, take your jealously elsewhere!

We now return to TerryDad2's original programing! We are proud, proud, proud! :P

Lets see.

We got 34 ECs in 15 states and have 5 published.

For our vacation from next week on we can pick up 10, earn another country and already have some 3 ideas for new ECs. Thus if we can at least develop one we'll be having double platinum. We'd still not qualify for a discovery award though, other than charcoal. :P

Mrs. terratin

Way to go. It seems like you are having fun and that's whats it is all about.

Certainly :lol:

Not sure though what we're starting with. It's a fairly touristy place and the oldest EarthCache there has over 220 logs per years :blink: On the other hand, our target locations are probably too far from those beaches and regular excursion stops. :ph34r: I haven't seen many places where nice geology corresponded to nice beaches (though I once did a field work on a rocky beach, and asked sun bathers to let me have a look underneath their towels :P )

Mrs. Terratin

Edited by terratin

Even though we're only up to the "quartz" discovery award level, we've found earthcaches in enough states and countries that I guess we'd be at "double platinum" already, if there was one. Not enough published for "triple platinum."

I'd like to have more earthcaches published, problem is that this area of Alabama doesn't have a lot of unique geology. Went outside the box a bit with two different caches about dirt (really, dirt? Yeah, dirt), but inspiration has yet to bite us on the butt again. We're keeping our eyes open, though.

Thanks TerryDad2 for asking the question -- I've sometimes mused about that question for myself and others who also love Earthcaching (all aspects).

Here are my stats: Logged (184); Developed (82); States (26) / Countries (2)

So hmmmm..... 5x Platinum I guess.

I love earthcaching...TerryDad2 is my inspiration. Have done QUITE a few of his, and adopted 3 of his too.

I get about 25 email/logs per week...it is at time overwhelming, but try to respond to each one. I would love to own an Earthcache in each US state, 22 so far.

I'm looking forward to the Earthcache MegaEvent next year!

I guess if we developed one more EarthCache, we could claim the unofficial triple prize. It's been awhile since we have, so maybe we should see what's out there. I'm helping my parents go through all their stuff so they can move to an apartment next week, and nabbed a geology text from Dad on Minnesota's geology. It can't have changed that much since the Korean War, can it? [;)] We have EC finds in 23 states and 2 provinces and 8 EarthCache placements.

I do know on our recent trip west, we found an awful lot of PathFinder Mark and TerryDad EarthCaches, so thanks for all that work, guys!

A review of the reqs:

Earthcache Master levels:

Gold PinGold Earthcache Master

Visit and log twelve (12) or more Earthcaches in four (4) or more states/countries and have developed two (2) or more Earthcaches.

Platinum PinPlatinum Earthcache Master

Visit and log twenty (20) or more Earthcaches in five (5) or more states/countries and have developed three (3) or more Earthcaches.

I've already got 12 EC finds and 2 published ECs. Unfortunately, they're all in the same state so I wont be getting an EC Master level until I make an out of state trip.

Despite the overdone topics (erratics, waterfalls, thermal springs, etc) I don't think it's too easy to log many EarthCaches with a similar learning within a certain area anyway. At least for the places we've lived in so far there are very few dublicate topics. I just had a look through our list: 2 esker (both Denmark), 2 cinder cones (both Gran Canaria), all other ECs are rather unique. We might get our second erratic soon, but the first one was logged in Norway, the other one will be in a different country.

Mrs. Terratin

Despite the overdone topics (erratics, waterfalls, thermal springs, etc) I don't think it's too easy to log many EarthCaches with a similar learning within a certain area anyway.

I guess it depends on how one defines similarity. In Southeast Styria almost all ECs (and also all themed trails in that area dealing with geology) deal with volcanism - I know of at least two further ones that have been rejected.

Cezanne

Despite the overdone topics (erratics, waterfalls, thermal springs, etc) I don't think it's too easy to log many EarthCaches with a similar learning within a certain area anyway.

I guess it depends on how one defines similarity. In Southeast Styria almost all ECs (and also all themed trails in that area dealing with geology) deal with volcanism - I know of at least two further ones that have been rejected.

Cezanne

It definitely depends on the area. Sometimes you can have very different earth caches near each other, but often they'll be overall part of the same theme. Many earth caches in Iceland are volcanic or glacial (or both); many earth caches in the Virginia, Tennessee, and Kentucky mountains involve karst topography (springs, waterfalls, caves, sinkholes); most earth caches around San Diego involve coastal erosion and the tides.