Bloody Nanos!

Freddo

Bloody Nanos! Spawn of satan. Burn down the Nano factory, and exterminate anyone who sells Nanos.

Hahahaha, just for that I will have to commission some one to place a nano for you to find...

But I do agree with you Bloody nanos have to go. Micros are bad enough, but can be found, nanos are the bane of my existence.

Given we are in a world of "paperless" caching I suggest the site provide an option to have a code in the cache container like that of a TB so you still have to open and find the physical cache but the only loggign coudl take place on this site... That would be "paperless", solve a big part of the nano problem (as I really only hate dealing with the little log) and provide a way to also ensure proof of find. Too bad that idea got shot down in the site feedback area...

I like Nano's when they are appropriate for the location ie Can't use a larger cache,etc. What I find a little frustrating is a camouflaged nano in a pine tree in the woods especially if there are great places for a larger cache that could accomodate TB's,etc. If I hike some distance to get a cache, a nano at the end seems a little disappointing. Peoria Bill :<)

Edited by Peoria Bill

Nano's are my favorite size, I see no issue with them unlike the rest of you. Bloody nano's might be a problem because of hepatitis. I probably need to watch the video...

I actually love nanos! I've found more nanos than anything else, I believe. When I'm looking for a nano and I physically place my hand on it after looking for awhile, it's such an amazingly satisfying feeling.

Nano's are my favorite size, I see no issue with them unlike the rest of you. Bloody nano's might be a problem because of hepatitis. I probably need to watch the video...

I actually love nanos! I've found more nanos than anything else, I believe. When I'm looking for a nano and I physically place my hand on it after looking for awhile, it's such an amazingly satisfying feeling.

It's only 15 seconds Coldgears, watch it, it's pretty funny. And is that a Dr. Who robot? It looks like a Dr. Who robot.

Hey you could have searched for the same cache for 3 years and not found it. Then gotten so mad you took your wife, son, and niece to the site and told them just how mad you were, and put your hand on a spot you said is where you would have hidden it had it been you, and felt the nano that was there!!! And after 3 years found it by accident and felt really foolish in front of your family. :oLOL I almost wanted to send the nano on a last journey to the moon via my throwing arm, but thought if it was that good I wanted to watch other suffer also. The bad part is this is within walking distance of my Mother-in-laws home and I tried it at least 5-10 times!!!! Darn thing!! <_<

it's pretty funny. And is that a Dr. Who robot? It looks like a Dr. Who robot.

It is pretty funny! Yes, it's a Dalek robot (from Dr Who). :laughing:

I like the nanos I find (eventually).

Yeah, I haven't seen an episode in 20 years, and they were Tom Baker ones from the 80's. But I definitely remembered them vaguely. Apparently Dalek is a household word over there in the UK. The more I think of it, "EXTERMINATE" is starting to come back to my memory. :)

Nanos have their place. I'm an American living in Korea, an extremely crowded country where even on the remotest mountaintop there is no solitude. Because of this, over half of all 3,000+ caches in Korea are micros or smaller. Many places are too crowded for all but the tiniest nano. There are a lot of cool places in cities like Seoul, Busan and Incheon that I would have never seen had it not been for the fact that one of my fellow cachers in Korea placed a nano or a micro there. I may not care about a nano attached to a bench at a normal bus stop, but a nano in a park with all sorts of cool sculptures nearby or at a spot with a great view of the cityscape below, well, to me it's about the journey more than the hunt.

Edited by motorcity0628

I just moved to the city center of Amsterdam where loads of caches are nanos- this makes sense because anything bigger would likely disappear in most places. :unsure:

I think what's most annoying about them is they still don't have their own cache category and if there's nothing mentioned in the description... well it's rather difficult when you're looking for a film can instead because it says "micro" on the description! I think they're also doubly frustrating to beginners for this reason (a nano marked as 1 or 1.5 difficulty will throw any of them, and it can be really hard to tell on the cache page what it is) and don't know why they can't get their own category already.