[Durham Region] Great spot for a cache!

Adolan

Hi there,

If you are familiar with the Durham region/live there I have a great place for a Geocache if anyone is interested in the challenge.

The spot isn't exactly optimal for new geocachers, however for all you vets it's a fantastic experience/adventure.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Ramsey+Rd%2FCounty+Road+28&daddr=Ramsey+Rd%2FCounty+Road+28&;hl=en&sll=44.24968,-78.844325&sspn=0.000903,0.001961&geocode=FckyowIdje1M-w%3BFbQyowIdNO1M-w&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=19&t=h&z=19

Just south of the A-B points is a bit of forestry, about 100m in there is a broken down car that's been there for some time. There is a story behind the car but I haven't been able to dig up any solid articles/sources on it. I've only heard rumors about it.

Anyway yea, I think it would be a great spot for a cache.

If you plan on visiting it, wear tall boots and cloths you don't mind getting torn from bushes/trees.

I live in Durham but it's a bit out of my way. I've been thinking of placing my first cache soon, and this sounds like an interesting spot although I'd suggest that perhaps a CITO event is in order to try to take the car out of the woods, and dispose of it properly.

I am very familiar with that spot(eyed it up myself) and unfortunately, the land beyond the parking area is posted "NO TRESPASSING". There use to be this cache there: LOONEY 2N'S but it was archived due to the private property issue. There are however, lots and lots of spots to hide caches along the rail trail just north of this spot. Check that out for your cache. But you're right about the CITO, it would be a good spot for one.

Edited by Hooligansx2