Providing info to cache approvers

DeadReckoner

Don't know if this has been discussed before, but it would be nice if a new field were added to the cache submission page that allowed the submitter to provide information for the approver's use, but which is not part of the published info.

It often happens with multi-caches, puzzle caches, or virtual caches that an approver needs to request additional info from the submitter. This slows down the approval process and adds workload for the approver, and could be short-circuited if there were a good mechanism to provide anticipated info up front. A good example is with the multi-caches or puzzle caches, where the approver will want to know the true location of all the waypoints.

Some have suggested that you can put info into the cache description, informally bracketed by "this part is for approver only - please delete after approving" notations. But that's rather hacky, and leaves open the risk of it accidentally getting published. I'd be bummed to go to a lot of work to create a good puzzle cache, and then find that the true coords had been unintentionally published.

An explicit field for this purpose would streamline the approval workload and provide a better approval process for all of us!

Tom Chatt (DeadReckoner)

It has been discussed quite a bit before. The most suggested and agreed upon variation is that the field like you proposed is ONLY visible to the approvers. Once it gets approved, that field would no longer display.

I'm going to be submitting one this week that needs a note - I think I'll be putting it in big red text "ATTENTION ADMIN - HERE'S THE INFO YOU MIGHT NEED FOR APPROVAL" - and go from there. Hope that gets their attention enough. icon_wink.gif

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching