Stitch in Time

Vanelle

This is a very special coin for me. I made it for this year's Geocoinfests and it made its debut in Cologne last week. It will be available also at the South Carolina event in October.

Stitch in Time

Trackable = yes

Unique Icon = yes

1.75" round

Regular Edition: Black Nickel

This is the edition that is most like my mother's original pen and ink/sepia artwork, and it is my favorite.

9be3abe6-7dac-4385-bebe-d9c3d2fa5ad2.jpg914cee4b-c8d9-4103-bff8-80175dc92c68.jpg

Limited Edition: Glow

This has two glow colors on the front and FOUR glow colors on the back. Super fun.

766d461d-1c5d-4146-9cac-fed84ada6d3e.jpgc1fa2f1f-c847-4863-ae83-17a6b2e85903.jpg

GCF Europe Special Edition: Gold

e7719256-fd06-4fa7-8e18-d5941e20ec17.jpg10da5583-b82e-42cf-a432-e7a864d0418b.jpg

There's a bit of a personal story behind this one. My mother was always painting and drawing and she ran an art gallery when I was growing up. Because of her, art was always part of my life. I admired her work and talent. As a child, I hoped one day I could draw as beautifully as she did. When my first child was born, we discovered she had early onset Alzheimer's. She was young, only in her early fifties, and as my little boy grew and learned about the world, she shrank and lost her knowledge of it bit by bit. She died several years ago. A long time ago, she created a pen and ink drawing of a bird swallowing its tail, which was one of my favorite pieces and I still have it today. It is one of my father's favorites as well. One day he asked me if I could make a coin out of it. I took a long time deciding what the back should be, and the quote, but finally I pulled it together. I like the idea of the guiding force of the compass rose on the back, created from the pieces of the bird - and the suggestion of the quote that we should all take charge of the time we have before we are swallowed up by ourselves.

Thanks for taking a look. I hope you like this coin, and I hope to see many of you in October.

A stunning coin - great art! Perhaps it's a good thing (for my wallet) that I'm not going to any of the events...

:lol: Oh yes, you're right! Really, GCF was opened and it took me 10 minutes at Vanelle's booth and half of my budget was gone :lol::lol::lol: . Soooo beautiful coins!

:D:lol::D

I did very much enjoy trading you for your lovely personal coin!

Hi Vanelle-what a striking coin! I am going to look for you at Geocoinfest because I would love to trade something for one of your coins (perhaps one of my personal coins-"Hoppin Thru Time"-which deals with time and savoring the moment). All of your coins are beautiful and I am a person fascinated by time, so the meaning on the back is near and dear to me. Your Mother's artwork is beautiful and I love putting a meaning to the art.

Now I understand those dark colours much better.

Thanks for sharing the story, I'm so sad, you had to watch your mothers illness. I can't imagine my mother not being the taking charge person anymore she is nowadays... But then, we all don't want to watch our parents getting frail.

Your coins have such great meanings behind them, this even more so.

Thanks for trading with me.

A stunning coin - great art! Perhaps it's a good thing (for my wallet) that I'm not going to any of the events...

:lol: Oh yes, you're right! Really, GCF was opened and it took me 10 minutes at Vanelle's booth and half of my budget was gone :lol::lol::lol: . Soooo beautiful coins!

Well, the booth's of Vanelle and Oakcoins were my first to visit, all the others I wasn't too sad, that people crowded around. I guess my last coin I bought around 5pm, short before I left.

But I traded many, many more coins than I bought, I must admid. It was great and exactly what I expected from a mega coin event.

Even if some didn't get the concept of trading...

Thank you for the background story. It makes this coin even more beautiful. I was able to buy one at the Geocoinfest in Cologne and I'm a real glow in the dark fan, so when I saw that it was the glow version that I bought (I didn't know) I was really happy. This is a picture I took when it was glowing:

7fb6fc47-d139-4bef-bcfd-cd30999da081.jpg

0b4fe7ef-0629-4137-82e6-4edbd760ab8b.jpg

This is a very special coin for me. I made it for this year's Geocoinfests and it made its debut in Cologne last week. It will be available also at the South Carolina event in October.

Stitch in Time

Trackable = yes

Unique Icon = yes

1.75" round

Regular Edition: Black Nickel

This is the edition that is most like my mother's original pen and ink/sepia artwork, and it is my favorite.

9be3abe6-7dac-4385-bebe-d9c3d2fa5ad2.jpg914cee4b-c8d9-4103-bff8-80175dc92c68.jpg

Limited Edition: Glow

This has two glow colors on the front and FOUR glow colors on the back. Super fun.

766d461d-1c5d-4146-9cac-fed84ada6d3e.jpgc1fa2f1f-c847-4863-ae83-17a6b2e85903.jpg

GCF Europe Special Edition: Gold

e7719256-fd06-4fa7-8e18-d5941e20ec17.jpg10da5583-b82e-42cf-a432-e7a864d0418b.jpg

Thanks for taking a look. I hope you like this coin, and I hope to see many of you in October.

You will definitely see us in October B). Thanks for sharing the design info behind this coin. It adds so much!

I have a few of the Marvelous Nature and Stitch in Time coins left from the GCF trip. And even fewer of the Sunshine Freedom Flower and Small Things. If you would like any of the coins, please copy and paste the information below, fill it in and send an email to: vncoin@hotmail.com.

The price is $11 per coin plus shipping. To US/CANADA +3.00 shipping for up to two coins ...+ .50 per additional coin. OVERSEAS +5.50 shipping for up to two coins +.50 per additional coin.

Once you send me your information, I will send an invoice via paypal.

Your Name:

Your GeoNick:

Your Shipping Address:

Your Paypal:

Marvelous Nature: RE (nickel/blues) QTY = JUST SOLD OUT

Marvelous Nature: LE (copper/brown-purple) QTY=

Stitch in Time: RE (black nickel/sepia) QTY=

Stitch in Time: LE (black nickel/glow) QTY=

Sunshine, Freedom Flower: GCF11 edition (black nickel/gold/red/black)

Small Things, GCF11 edition (antique silver) QTY = THIS ONE JUST SOLD OUT

If a version runs out please = cancel my order / send what is available

Here are the pictures of what I have left

c5111421-9ca9-4db4-a2d5-1e5795885d30.jpg

Edited by Vanelle