Deleting account

mrbadgeress

I wish to remove my account, as my partner and I usually geocache together and therefore log together, so pointless having 2 accounts. Also, I would like to add my email address to the notifications that my partner has on her premium member account, but the system won't let me do so as I already have my email address registered on this account. Anyway, can anyone tell me how to remove please?

I know you can add an extra notification email address to my partner's account, but it won't let me do it, cos my email is already registered under a different account name; that is why I am now so keen to delete my other (ie this) account.

I haven't logged any caches under this account, so it wouldn't mess up their database (although I think you should always have the right/option to remove yourself in any event).

I haven't logged any caches under this account, so it wouldn't mess up their database (although I think you should always have the right/option to remove yourself in any event).

While it may be that you have never "used" your account, the fact that it was registered is the key. You simply cannot "un"-register it. Your current username will remain forever as is. Whether you use it or not is a different matter.

Many, many, many inactive geocaching usernames are destined to never be used again for that same reason, even though the user simply took the name to fully look the site over, nothing else.

You, on the other hand, can set up another email account for geocaching. Simply use Google, Yahoo, or other free email account. Most IP accounts also allow multiple emails addresses for a single account. Try that.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee