RAOK- geocoin book

Doctor A

Since I started storing my geocoins in a different way, I've had one of the geocoin books/albums from the Caching Place sitting on a shelf for over a year, empty of coins. So when I was doing a project and going through things on that shelf, I decided I shouldn't keep holding onto it. So I'm offering it here, to the first person who says they can use it, and I'll even pay the postage to mail it to you. I also have about 10 additional pages for one of those books, with assorted sizes of insert areas, that I can send to the same person or someone else who maybe needs refill pages. The actual book is full of pages, so there isn't room in that book to add in the refill pages, but if you already have a cover, then the refill pages could be useful. Please post your interest here.

Edited by Doctor A

Since I started storing my geocoins in a different way, I've had one of the geocoin books/albums from the Caching Place sitting on a shelf for over a year, empty of coins. So when I was doing a project and going through things on that shelf, I decided I shouldn't keep holding onto it. So I'm offering it here, to the first person who says they can use it, and I'll even pay the postage to mail it to you. I also have about 10 additional pages for one of those books, with assorted sizes of insert areas, that I can send to the same person or someone else who maybe needs refill pages. The actual book is full of pages, so there isn't room in that book to add in the refill pages, but if you already have a cover, then the refill pages could be useful. Please post your interest here.

I'll take it. All my coins sit in a box and don't even go to events because it's too much work.

I have a spare binder too, so the extras would be awesome too.

Thanks. I have sent you an e-mail

Edited by LewisClan77

I recently bought one of those books from somebody who has a bunch from The Caching Place (which doesn't sell them any longer). It seemed like a great idea. What I discovered is that the glue holding the pages together between each row of coins doesn't stick and the plastic inserts have sticky glue all over the edges. The coins fall out every time the pages are turned. Has anybody else had better luck with these? Wonder if it's just because it's old (it wasn't a used one, just been around for a while). Anyway, I was disappointed with it and am still searching for an easy way to display my coins.

I recently bought one of those books from somebody who has a bunch from The Caching Place (which doesn't sell them any longer). It seemed like a great idea. What I discovered is that the glue holding the pages together between each row of coins doesn't stick and the plastic inserts have sticky glue all over the edges. The coins fall out every time the pages are turned. Has anybody else had better luck with these? Wonder if it's just because it's old (it wasn't a used one, just been around for a while). Anyway, I was disappointed with it and am still searching for an easy way to display my coins.

Wow! I haven't seen that happen with mine at all. I bought them several years ago, I think when they first introduced them at the site. I pretty much gave up on them just because my collection was getting so big that I was going to have too many books and buying all the different pages to fit the different sized coins got pricey. But I did keep one book that I've used for pathtags and sig items, and so even though the ones I'm giving away haven't been used in over a year, I just checked that book and no signs of anything like what you experienced.

The only one I ever bought had the same problem. I think it was the weight of the coins and moving the book around that could have possibly caused this problem. I never tried to fix it but maybe superglue might work?

The only one I ever bought had the same problem. I think it was the weight of the coins and moving the book around that could have possibly caused this problem. I never tried to fix it but maybe superglue might work?

The same thing happened to us. Only on a few pages though, we have 20 of those albums and they are great.

The first albums we bought were from Dansco and they were brown and beige, all their pages are still in perfect condition. After that we bought the black ones from TCP and after a while, we had some problems with a few pages. Do you hate it when all the coins from one page get all together in the same spot :mad:

When it happened, we tried to put some glue but it's very difficult to do since you don't have a lot of space to put the glue and you don't want the plastic to get stucked. We had ro ripe the paper on the page to have access and put the glue at the right place, it didn't looked very good. Finally we throwed away those pages, we had a few spare so our albums are full again. I don't know why it happened since our albums are always on shelves in a bookcase, perhaps the glue just dried out :unsure: