New Webcam cache question

Kordite

I did a search for webcam caches and didn't find many. My question is, to create a webcam cache does it have to be yours?

For example, a browse of local websites brought up a webcam at Sandcastle water park (http://www.sandcastlewaterpark.com/webcam.cfm). Could I create a webcam cache for this?

I don't see why not but the ones I've seen listed seem to be either owned and controlled by the poster or are of indeterminate ownership.

Kordite

Kordite, welcome to the forums. Always nice to see another Pittsburgher join the fun. Markwell is correct, as usual... the nice thing about webcams is that you don't need to worry about getting permission from anyone. There is no box to hide in the woods, you are just standing in front of a webcam in a public place and someone saves your picture.

My Web-Enabled Elves cache is the first and only webcam cache in the Pittsburgh area. Try it out if you are in the area to hunt all the physical caches nearby. Then, once you have an idea of how a webcam cache works, set one up yourself at Sandcastle or anywhere else! I'd love the company. You could also do a better job, mine is pretty basic (lame?) but I thought it wise to start slowly with introducing a new idea for the area.

Just be sure that the webcam you choose is going to be around for awhile, and that the picture refreshes frequently enough to permit coordination with the person trying to save the photo at the computer. Good luck!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.